Calibration of Cycleops Hammer trainer
These steps worked for me. I have a PC laptop computer running Zwift, plus an Apple iPhone running Zwift Mobile app, with a CycleOps Hammer trainer. I have an ANT+ dongle on an extension from the PC to the trainer.
This adds to notes given by T Rock- T Rex. Thanks for your help!
Do NOT calibrate it in Zwift-- calibration does not work for the Hammer in Zwift.
- Powertap : Update the Cycleops Hammer firmware:
- Made sure the Cycleops trainer is awake (pedal it).
- Make sure you do not have Zwift or Zwift Mobile up. If so, end them so they are not connected to the trainer
- Open Powertap on iPhone
- Select Update Firmware from the menu.
- If you have the latest, it shows no update needed.
- ZWIFT : Warm up (DO NOT CALIBRATE IN ZWIFT):
- To make a Hot calibration, ride around in ZWIFT for 10-20 minutes
- After 10-20 minutes of riding in Zwift, close it:
- Click the A key (pairing screen) and unpair the trainer.
- Or, you can exit the app altogether.
- If you have Zwift Mobile running on your smartphone, terminate it. You may need to go into your phones multitasking windows to end this app. Or just shut the phone down to terminate its connection.
- This should end all software connections to the trainer
- Rouvy: Calibrate Cycleops trainer
- On the computer that Zwift runs on, make sure you have a Cyclops BlueGiga USB dongle (purchased as the CycleOps Shop) in one of the USB ports. This is needed to communicate with Rouvy. When riding in Zwift, I have an ANT+ dongle to my trainer. For this calibration, I leave the ANT+ dongle attached and just plug in the additional BlueGiga dongle.
- Open Rouvy on the computer (same one that Zwift is on).
- In Rouvy, go to Settings and make sure you have Cycleops Hammer and your sensors connected.
- Go to Free Ride. On the top right, click Calibrate Trainer�.
- It asked me to ride to 20-25 MPH. If you pedal too fast, you have to start over. Once I pedaled in that range, after 20 seconds, I could feel Rouvy controlling the trainer, it got really easy to maintain 25 mph - almost no pressure on the pedals. Then it said stop pedaling… It never stopped spinning totally but it came back and said calibration successful and spin down time was like 21.9 seconds.
- End the Rouvy app to disconnect it from the trainer. Remove the BlueGiga dongle.
- ZWIFT : Go ride.
- Start Zwift Mobile on your smartphone and let it connect
- Go back to the Zwift pairing screen on your computer (or restart Zwift on the computer) and select to pair with the CycleOps Hammer again.
- You can now return to riding with your new calibration setting. Calibration with the Hammer should be good for a month.