Calibrating Computrainer

Newby here but can someonw explain how I can calibrate my xomputrainwr 10 mins into my ride?

I have un pluggws the pc cord but when i plug it back in, it doesnt recognize the computrainer.

What I do is calibrate it after I finish riding and the load generator is warm,   I keep the load generator powered on all the time.  When I come back to my bike and reinflate my tire to the pressure at which the CT was calibrated, it’s ready to go.

Doug do you never shut the CT load generator off.  This sounds a little strange to me. I calibrate every time that I use the CT.  I clean the tire and roller with alcohol, inflate the tire to 100 lbs, I tighten the press on force, I ride for 15 minutes calibrate, do the workout and shut it all down.  Repeat next ride.  I will have to read the old manual again but I don’t think that Racer Mate would have approved of leaving it switched on.

PS

Do you know where I can buy a new hard wired POLAR compatible HR sensor.  

I never turn the load generator off. I calibrate with 100lbs psi in my tire, and the press-on force around 3.00-3.25.  I wait until the tire is warm before calibrating,  Once the calibration is done, I can repump my tire to 100lbs before the next ride and get roughly the same roll down results.   I know a lot of the Racermate folks like Ray were calibrating the same way. It works.

I suppose that the only real difference in our processes is that I turn my load generator off.  I never use that much press on force (2.25 to 2.50) but I am 67 years old and not as strong as some guys.  I am considering discarding my POLAR HR unit and pairing my Garmin HR chest strap to an ANT+.