C.Cadence...is a Cat D bot?

Interesting thing happened yesterday: went to select a Pace Partner and C.Cadence showed up as a “Cat D” bot with corresponding yellow dot and description.

It seemed to coincide with the “throttle-back” to 2.4W/kg so perhaps the code linking the category sets 2.5W as a threshold for “C”. (also note they got out of order as a result, with Diesel showing up above)

Not sure if this is more aptly described as a “bug” or “feature,” hence the post here. Of note: running Zwift on ATV4k yesterday.

On a personal note: prior to this winter’s indoor training, I wouldn’t have dreamed of keeping up with Cadence. I managed to hold onto the pack for a while yesterday - super stoked about that.

Yeah, it’s confusing that this shows up even in the selection pane. I guess that’s one of the reason’s they’ve stuck to having names starting with their category letters.
This was pointed out and discussed three weeks back, in the pace partner dynamic testing thread, and it wasn’t recognised as a bug by Zwift Staff: Pace Partner Dynamic Pace Testing [March 2022] - #197 by James_Zwift

1 Like

Sounds like they’re going to fix it eventually:

1 Like

Oof. Late to the party I am. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Not alone in that one :joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth: