Bug/Cheat: Wattage without pedaling

No offense, Alexander, I`m not talking about accusations here. )
I absolutely understand the difference between intentional cheat and technical discovery/experience/research or unintentional usage of bug etc…
Sorry if I was not clear enough in my message.
But this doesn’t change anything regarding intentional use of cheat in order to gain an advantage over other riders - this is cheating, stealing etc…

Thus, as was already told multiple times over different topics by different users: automated categorization could solve a lot of problems (sure, this doesn’t mean that the actual technical issue bug should stay as it is…)

Gerrie, well, this is not my idea, but yours )). If my memory serves me well, you proposed this solution in one of the topics about problems with actual system of categories.

Have you done anything for this yet? One of my teammate tested this 3s method and it works flawlessly still. I´m just wondering, why this kind of bug/possibility to cheat is not fixed, there was UCI cycling Esports world championships yesterday going on with this same platform…

There was a recent post on Zwiftinsider about this as well:

For the UCI worlds, I guess putting everyone on a Neo 2T as a primary power source was one way to address this as well, but this really needs to be fixed across the board. One simple solution that wouldn’t impact the experience of the general user experiencing dropouts would be to remove the delay for races only.

2 Likes

Two years I reported the issue and nothing changed.
for the two years I found a lot of guys using the bug intentionally or not. Even last twitch stream of @Nathan_Guerra_Vision demonstrates it

2 Likes

lets give this a little nudge

5 Likes

so are we still denying this exists zwift?

What exists?

Just rechecked it ~5 days ago - I can confirm it still exists

Exactly …

1 Like

What exists? (Bis)

Sorry to catch your old post but i am with the same problem on zwift and can not find out a solution for this. It is starting to be really annoying as already the group spot my big spike with the watts and honestly i can not even make a race as suddenly i start to make 1000 watts without even pedaling.

Did you get any reliable solution for this bug?

Thanks for your time!

Please share the details about your trainer or power meter. If you see unexpected power numbers in the trainer manufacturer’s app as well, that would indicate a problem with your equipment.

This problem existed specifically in the WattBike Model B monitor.

This has been fixed a couple of firmware releases ago now. The fault was when you stopped pedalling the Wattage did not drop.

The latest Firmware version is 1.30.58

Sorry it will not allow me to post a link here.

I also went into my Zwift setting and changed the power to instantaneous not average.

My solution was to find a cheap wheel-off smart trainer. Been very happy with it.

Nick