Booted from a group ride when I was well behind the fence

I definitely agree with you Steve on the distance ridden issue, every one of my AHDR rides since October I end up with three to four tenth of a mile more than the other riders at the end of the ride causing the fence problem, early in the rides I can ride up to the fence however as the distance ridden increases I have to ride further back in in group on avoid the ejection timer sometimes behind the leader and sometimes off the back of the group.

i have had fence messages pop up when i s been in the pack.

on My PACK ride the other day i noticed that my distance covered was increasing faster than the leader.
Here in this screen capture iā€™m off the back ( duets chain coming off) but have covered more distance than the leader and sweep.

I too have this problem. Have seen it on two group rides (like todayā€™s 3R Steady Ride, 10am EST). Definitely gets progressively worse as the distance increases until i am yoyoing off the front and back and eventually get dropped because ā€œcatching upā€ to the rear of the pack puts me back in front of the fence. I notice my distance is also very different than others. No late join for me. I have a Tacx Neo and updated my software just now, will see if that helps.

Are you on the latest version of the Zwift software.

I believe so. Uninstalling and reinstalling Zwift on my windows pc this afternoon just to be sure.

Hi, this was happening to me as well, no late start, im up to date as far as I know, definitely got worse as the ride went on.
It seems to be happening on most of my group rides.
Has anyone had any ideas?

The last two group rides I have been on have given me warnings when I am well behind the beacon.

Just an updateā€¦ uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift on my windows 10 PC. Updated firmware on my Tacx Neo. Rode yesterday in a pack in a group ride without a fence and distance was 0.2 miles ahead (on the leaderboard) after 30 miles even though screen showed me in the pack, so I am pretty sure if there had been a fence I would still have been booted. Back to the drawing boardā€¦

here iā€™m in the PACK group only 4m ahead of the beacon, and the fence is telling me to return to group.
I always seem to have done more Km than the group.
any one else notice this increased distance?

1 Like

I always seem to have more kmā€™s than the rest.
no answers yet?

here i was actually bounced by the fence despite being behind the fence and in the main group a few sec in front of the yellow leader.
( the red sweeper looks on the map to be in front of the fence!
Again my distance covered us more than the group.

after being bounced i was riding still with those in green jerseys.

I late joined and did not have any more problems.

Do zwift support read these forums?

@SteveK, were you by chance running on a very old machine? Something that would give you a very low framerate (less than 10 frames per second)?

And yes, we read these forums. :wink:

old but not very old, :wink: IMac core duo c 2010 ?
yes i have low frame rate, and am using a lower res screen

Steve

Almost 10 years old is pretty old for computers. :wink:

Do you have an iphone/ipad you could use on your next big group ride (with a fence) to see if you get booted again? We think very low framerates could be one of the causes of this bug. Even with an iPhone 6 device, youā€™ll get a better framerate than you do now I think.

I think the key here is late joining a ride. I also experienced the same problem as you. I was behind the yellow beacon and had to ride a long way back to ensure that I didnā€™t get ejected. I have had very little problems with the fence previously apart from on corners.

I have a recent windows 10 laptop on a high speed connection (and high graphics turned on) and have this issue constantly (on any large fenced ride). Its mostly occurred on the Watopia Sand and Sequoias route.

If I rode any higher than position 20 (even if behind the beacon) the counter would start and Iā€™d have to head to the back (position 50+usually). I noticed that a lot of others were doing the same thing.

No intersections or route overlaps in this image.

Hope this gets fixed soon!

1 Like

Distance bug again where you are higher than everyone else, seems to be a common theme with fence issues.

Interesting It look like everybody did the same distance 21.2mi but you did 21.5mi.

Did you late join this event?

No I started with everyone else. Yeah - I see the distance difference nowā€¦ had not noticed that before (despite noticing mention of that issue in the thread).

I assume there is no in-ride fix for that issue if I see it happening? Iā€™d also expect that issue to get worse over the duration of the ride, which seems consistent with my experiences.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been booted from 4 rides so far. On all 4 rides Iā€™ve been behind the fence. Up to yesterday 01/16, I was booted from ride. When I received the notification to get back within group, I actually stop, drifted way to the back of the pack, way behind beacon and still got booted. The time before that, I was in position 108 and still got booted. This is VERY frustrating.