Bonus points for winning jerseys or getting a good time

(Timothy Harkness) #1

What about bonus points (to advance through the levels) for winning jerseys, or for achieving certain placings or times? I would be more motivated to make certain efforts if it wasn’t an all or nothing for the jersey. Also, once I have the jersey, I am less motivated to try for another good time on the segment - if I was still scoring bonus points to move to the next level faster I would be more motivated to try again.

Points for good times could be calculated absolutely, or relative to my personal best.

(Sean Calder RCC C) #2

I love this adea. I was thinking the same thing.

(Anthony Cree (STC)) #3

I think it should be based on personal bests rather than jerseys.  With a large population of users, and whatever % that are fliers, the average rider may never get a jersey.  Providing motivation and recognition for personal bests and improvement would be more relevant to the masses.

Though I would love to see a metric on my profile for time/miles each jersey has been held.

(K.C. Race3R) #4

Agree!  Reward people for absolute effort, but also for beating or coming close to their own personal bests!

(Keith Roy) #5

A Cree - “Though I would love to see a metric on my profile for time/miles each jersey has been held.”

This is a great idea - I race for the sprint jersey every.single.day.

My other metrics all sway violently depending if it’s a multi-sprint attempt day or not…

This info would help me review /how/ I rode more accurately.  Currently I take in-game photos of my attempts and upload those to my Strava log - Which is a pain…