Bluetooth dropping during ride, won't reconnect without quitting

this thread worries me…iv installed all latest ios - firmware upgrades…changed signal from the wifi router…and still getting droputs…more bizarre is the power readings during freeride mode…on a flat road the power seems right,soon as the roads tarts to incline the wattage reading drops despite pedalling harder…actually the harder i pedal the lower the power reading goes…any else had this issue…?
Zwift seem to thing its bluetooth interference still…?

running ATV 4k - with a garmin ble HR monitor & a 4 year old bulletproof H1

Same problem, bluetooth disconnects 10mins into a ride on Mac OS. Reinstalling, updating everything, etc didn’t help. Are there any solutions?

Primarily Apple TV 4K here, but also iPhone and MacBook. Been a while since I used the Macbook, but iPhone was used in the last couple weeks. No issues w/Bluetooth now or ever. Originally KickrV1 and then/now NeoV1.

Bluetooth interference is a good bet. Try only using the trainer w/out your HRM.

@Neighbourhood_Champ6 You can try resetting Bluetooth in MacOS. If using Monterey, you’ll need to do it from Terminal/CLI. If not Monterey, you can option click the bluetooth icon or was it option shift click :thinking: to get some additional options which include resetting the bluetooth module.

edit: Here–> How to fix Mac Bluetooth issues, reset BT module, more - 9to5Mac

Same stuff here. But I am positive tham my problem is in the Apple TV 4th gen.

I have been using a wahoo kickr core and two different HR sensors for months with the PC,no dropouts whatsoever.

I have recently started using the ATV instead of the PC. It works great, smooth and quality graphics, the Bluetooth usually works fine but randomly, it has the dropout day. Today it dropped like four times in 40 minutes. I got so annoyed that stopped training. I am sure that is the ATV because it doesn’t happen with the PC, and because it drops both the trainer and the HR band.

Do you have any idea of how can I get this solved? I have an ant+ antenna for the PC, can I connect it somehow to the ATV?

Talking about the ATV. I don’t like the remote AT ALL. With my hands sweated it works like ■■■■. Can I use any other alternative to control de ATV. I don’t have iPhone.

Thanks!!

Bluetooth dropouts:

• move your wifi to 5G
  • move the apple tv closer to your trainer
  • change the position of the apple tv (antenna) relative to your trainer (e.g., left side vs right side)

Remote:

• turn down the sensitivity via AppleTV settings > remote (i think that’s right)
  • get a silicone case for it (best thing ever, night and day difference in handling the remote especially with sweaty hands)
2 Likes

If you use a fan (AC type), this could be one the causes. I tried a ride with my fan powered off and the dropouts were history (I hope so :slight_smile: )

Hi!

Currently, since one of the last updates, I face again regular HR sensor dropouts… it would loose connection for 10-30sec or so, that reconnect… work for some minutes and dropout again…

Anyone else facing the same issues at the moment? I think it has to be Zwift. Ans I have no issues elsewhere.
Using my KickR Bike and also the headwind, which is also connected to the HRM.

No changes of positions of any device, worked in the pst without problems…

Thanks
Paul

How is the HRM paired to Zwift? If it’s via Bluetooth then the max number of pairings will be determined by the exact make/model of the HRM, and if there’s any chance some other app or device is still running that has been paired to it via Bluetooth, that can explain that type of failure. It looks like the Headwind pairs via ANT+ which should not cause that problem. If you have the option to switch from Bluetooth to ANT+ for pairing to Zwift that would be something to try.

The ATV can only connect BT. There is no other device paired to the HRM. only my Karoo 2 via Ant+, which is turned off. So its 100% no indifference from any other device… I know some friends having very similar issues…

TESTING IF I CAN POST KEEP GETTING ERROR MESSAGE IS THE SENTENCE COMPLETE. ANY ANSWER TO CORRECT THIS. SEE BELOW THE IMPORTANT MESSAGE AND ERROR I AM TRYING TO POST…

Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

DEPRESSINGLY CANNOT PAUSE AND SEE PARTIALLY COMPLETE ROUTE WITHOUT HAVING TO SAVE AND LOSE ROUTE POSITION ON RETURNING TO ZWIFT!!!..

UNLIKE LIKE THE ROUVY APP WHICH HAS NO UNNECESSARY RESTRICTIONS ON SEEING A PERSONALISED FAVOURITES PARTIALLY COMPLETE ROUTE LIST ON RETURNING TO A ROUVY APP ROUTE, WHICH IS ENCOURAGING LESS DEMANDING AND STOPS PEOPLE OVER EXERTING TO COMPLETE A ROUTE.

I WOULD SAY THIS INABILITY TO FREELY RETURN TO A ROUTE IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS TO MANY USERS.

THERE SHOULD BE AN OPTION FOR PAYING USERS TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO RETURN TO A ROUTE AT ANY TIME. WHY NOT??..

OTHER THAN THAT ZWIFT IS GREAT…

REGARDS TO ALL…;-).

DANGEROUS TO SOME ZWIFT USERS (CANNOT PAUSE AND SEE PARTIAL ROUTE COMPLETION ON RETURN LIKE WE CAN WITH THE ROUVY BIKE APP. REQUESTING OPTION FOR A FAVOURITES / PARTIALLY COMPLETE ROUTE LIST