Bluetooth Connection Drops - v1.0.48306 (macOS) & 1.0.48093 (iOS)
- Constant trainer dropouts (watts drop to zero before recovering)
- Issue consistent across iPhone & Mac versions of software.
- v1.0.48306 MacOS / 1.0.48093 iOS
- Previous version of Zwift had no BLE connection issues.
- Companion app maintains connection.
- ERG works as expected.
- HRM maintains connection.
- Unable to replicate issue on other software platforms/devices.
- Elite Qubo Digital B+
- MacBook Pro 10.1 / MacOS 10.15.4
- iPhone 8 (companion & app) / iOS 13.4
- Honeywell HT900E floor fan
- Wahoo HRM
- Bluetooth connection
Fault Finding Steps:
- Methodically disconnected powered devices: Fan, MacBook, etc for possible interference.
- Moved setup further away from wall outlets.
- Repositioned trainer, fan & MacBook wall supply connections
- Switched Qubo trainer power supply for a spare unit.
- Switched MacBook power supply for a spare unit.
- Repositioned MacBook to be closer to setup (3 cm way from trainer unit)
- Tried both Macbook & iPhone separately (with unused device turned off).
- Removed and re-installed Zwift on Mac & iPhone.
- Forced MacBook & iPhone to forget all bluetooth devices.
- Disabled Bluetooth/wifi on all devices not connected to trainer.
- Ran warm up and spin-down tests
- Not near TV, Microwave, etc, and not in operation during tests.
- Bluetooth headphones not in use.
- Followed steps to resolve BLE Pairing issues after update (https://support.zwift.com/en_us/resolving-mac-ble-pairing-issues-after-an-update-HykziTnzr)
Fault Finding Result:
- No BLE communication issues with TrainerRoad, FullGaz, RGT or Wahoo Bolt.
- No BLE communications issues with Wahoo HRM.
- Suspect core code to v1.0.48306 / v1.0.48093 update has caused Bluetooth communication issues for Elite Qubo Trainer.
Whilst ERG is not noticeably affected as the connection drop are too brief, it means that my training data is not reflective of the effort expended, and it takes forever to cover the same distance as the game thinks I’ve stopped pedalling every minute or so.
Happy to share any further data from Zwift, TrainerRoad etc to get this issue sorted.