Bluetooth broke with update [September 2021] [1.17.0] [Windows10] [SOLVED]

Had the problem Thurs night on my windows 10 streaming laptop with wahoo kicker snap current model year in ZA Alp race and force to quit. Tried reconnecting a couple hours after dinner to test out but still no go. Sensor was picking up trainer in program paring screen and cadence with HR but no watts when spinning cranks. Wed. was lagging doing the update and at some spots during the ride.

Both ant+ and Bluetooth connections broken using Windows 10 & companion app after installing latest update.

Unplugging & reconnecting ant dongle seems to have restored that conncetion.

Tried the Microsoft download onto the laptop as suggested above.

Result: Bluetooth connection still not being made.

So don’t use the download from zwift if the Microsoft download has already been tried?

What next?

After downloading the Microsoft patch mentioned above, and with no fix to the broken Bluetooth connection after restarting the laptop, I uninstalled zwift and then reinstalled zwift, then
restarted both the laptop and the companion app.

Result: Bluetooth connection working.
Trainer connected via ant+, heart rate monitor and cadence via Bluetooth.:+1:

1 Like

I have this same issue. I tried the second solution given in this thread and it didn’t fix the problem. Have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zwift and still have the same issue.

It seems to work fine if I’m using the Zwift app on my iPad or phone but just not when using my computer connected via the companion app - so seems like the problem is actually to do with the companion app for me. So frustrating

Zwift not working after latest update, it seems to be a Bluetooth issue again!
I’m using Apple TV IOS 14.7 with Zwift companion on iPhone IOS 14.8. Using a wahoo like. It seems to happen after every update you guys do an update for companion. Latest one was 15th

Will you be sending an update for the Apple TV app? Or is this a companion issue?

I am not sure if this is related.
I am using a wahoo kickr core and iPad. Today I was doing one of the Z-Academy workouts. I was almost done with the 1st set and then my avatar stopped moving. I thought it was a Bluetooth drop. I reconnected. But my avatar wouldn’t move forward.

Thanks

Came to do a recovery ride and getting no bluetooth connections. Computer will connect to bluetooth no problem so definitely Zwift.

That fixed it for me. The developers really make it difficult to continue spending money on Zwift, things are always breaking.

@8o8ert
Did you use the second method (the Zwift DLL file) or the first method (Microsoft Visual C++ method)?

Windows 10, Bluetooth. I haven’t tried the recommended fixes yet. Updated Zwift and Wahoo Kickr Bike firmware via the Wahoo app today. Wahoo Kickr Bike connected right away and worked most of the time, but steering disconnected several times, then reconnected about 10 seconds later each time. Power and cadence were fine for about 15 minutes but then disconnected a couple times over the next 30 minutes. It would reconnect after about 10 seconds each time though. Wahoo Tickr Fit connected right away and worked the whole time.

Sacarán alguna actualización para arreglar este bug ?
Me parece pésimo que se tenga que optar por estas opciones para intentar reparar.
Nueva actualización, por favor !!

Hopefully it was just a fluke.
Everything worked great today!!
Thanks Zwift team! Appreciate all that you do!!
Ride On!

Hi,

I have followed the instructions in the second solution and nothing has changed. Zwift is still seeing my Kickr18 as a power source but not as a controllable trainer. When I try and search for it as a controllable trainer it brings up a blank list. I have tried both of the solutions offered and none of them work. Something clearly has changed in the last update that has affected my Bluetooth connectivity. In the meantime, I have moved back to ANT as I’m fed up with the messing around. Please can you advise when a permanent fix with this is going to occur. It’s extremely disappointing and annoying that this has happened.

Rob

1 Like

No luck with getting the kicker snap wattage connecting with zwift. Wahoo has the service issue and waiting on a response from them. Tired both methods after cleaning the other one out. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling zwift a couple times. Downloaded zwift on macbook laptop for my business/general use to check to see if that worked and still nothing. Recognize the trainer but no wattage when pedaling. Going to try Zpower with old trainer later today to just get ride in. May have to get separate power meter in a couple days to see if that works. Hopefully a fix it patch soon before ZA runs out and ZRL starts.

Had this issue today and the C++ fix worked for me on Windows 10 laptop.

Same here just downloaded the VC-dist etc and now BT back up & running on Windows 10

Hi Shane, does Zwift have anything to add?
Have tried patch, not working still… Connects trainer power source ( kickr snap) but not controllable trainer. have you heard any more ?
Thanks Steve

Solution of the Windows download did not work for me. Saris trainer using Windows 10 PC and Companion app. Does not see Controllable Trainer. Does work OK and pair on my iPad. Any others in this situation? Getting highly frustrated.

The only information I have is what I see posted here sorry.