Black Squares Game [1.40] [1.41]

in fairness to zwift, if you imagine all the different combinations of trainers, PCs with different processors, graphics cards, ram etc and the different combinations of ride types, courses and how many are zwifting it’d be impossible to test every eventuality.

I think what might be more useful is for zwift to check they are documenting changes properly so things are able to be rolled back if needed. Of all the issues we have seen - some pretty catastrophic for some - zwift has never reversed anything while trying to fix it. this is a failing in my opinion

It happens in Mac versions, someone I know got this. I must be lucky to have a machine not affected.

Having looked at some of the winners associated with that link I’d advise Zwift to steer well clear.

Actually that’s quite a worthwhile thing to pay attention to, but the assessment doesn’t tell you anything more than you already know.

If you have regressions you know that already, if your releases aren’t successful you know that too, especially if you need to do hot fixes or rollbacks. Also your service desk metrics probably look like a roller coaster.

Uncovering the sources of the issues isn’t so easy.

Zwift does lots of testing to minimize these bugs.

Your source(s) please? Web links can better validate this than word of mouth. I’m skeptical to what extent(s) testing is achieved.

My strong recommendation is Zwift amend their business practices for the features that receive enough/lots of criticism. Regarding bugs, my example is: push game software updates bi-annually or tri-annually instead of monthly. Use the extra time to conduct much more thorough QA testing in every effort to prevent bugs.

Besides bugs, I could bring up many other kerfuffles … such as eSports Worlds broadcast blunder during the Women’s race 3 finale …

I don’t know which companies you are referring to. SRE and devops principles are solid and will improve the performance of any company if properly adopted. That’s not easy but it has been worth it for most companies to assess and improve.

When I’ve worked with companies on this it’s been 90% cultural. It’s true that someone (or whole teams) always know what’s wrong. Most of the time though they are disconnected from funding/priority/teams that can do something about it. The survey is a good way to name the problem and talk about it. Then the real work can start.

It also shows the ROI of doing the hard work and people who do what I do can help companies through the journey.

Improvement is relative.

It wouldn’t take much for some companies to improve given how poor they are.

Now on that i can agree on.

The organisation i work for was consistently bottom when ranked against like for like organisations subject to the same inspection process.
Morale was rock bottom with staff not feeling like they were listened to.

Cue a new boss who in 5 years has turned the organisation around to the point in a recent inspection it received the highest grading ever given in the history of inspections.

The difference being he totally changed the culture by engaging with staff and listening to them. As he would say the staff have all the answers if you listen to them.

[quote=“Daniel Jamrozik [+R], post:67, topic:607133, username:Daniel_Jamrozik”]
Your source(s) please
[/quote]

Why? Ask any Zwift employee if they test the software.

I don’t understand this whole thread.

Do you seriously think they won’t test as much as possible.

Remember Zwift is a very small team compared to most software companies we use and most of them are also constantly fixing bugs.

Daniel - please take the square brackets out of your user name. Just for me. Pretty please. :pray:

You’ve solved that mystery for me Dave…cheers

It drives me nuts. Won’t somebody think of those of us who need threads to be neat?!? :smile:

2 Likes

Just edited my post that had an issue.

Thinking of you my friend.

1 Like

Just because they are a small team doesn’t mean they ought to push a product consistently proven to have some hiccups to the customer. ‘Consistent’ is the key, operative word here. From a customer standpoint, your KPIs align more closely to Zwift’s than mine or others on here.

You have not shared any links, which is very essential for fact checking. The infrequent occurences I have asked Zwift employees, they have ignored my inquiry. May you share me a name, be-it public or private chat?

I know someone who releases game updates much more frequently with resolved bugs practically daily. Different platform, which i contractually cannot reveal.

Shane Miller himself was speechless Zwift took over 1 year to completely roll out the new Zwift UI. That’s incomprehensible. I can link you that video with his reaction

This is my team tag used in-game. On Zwiftpower, its (Restart) on user profiles or +Restart

The team strives for fairness, logic, and clear rationale. You could argue common sense is a trait we strive for

Would it be a deal-breaker to swap the square brackets for regular ones? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

[quote=“Daniel Jamrozik [+R], post:76, topic:607133, username:Daniel_Jamrozik”]
You have not shared any links
[/quote]

What? Links to show what I know.?

Sorry David. I am confused! My brain defaults to literal interpretation and often enough struggles to identify sarcasm, if this was intent?

Otherwise, i added a screen shot for my clarification. Cheers anyway to constructive feedback!

So you basically know as much as I and most or all of my peers know. Drats.

By rationale, we can guess what actually transpires for QA testing at ZHQ. However, words and Actions both serve as forms of expression or communication. The latter — a variety of examples can be brought up guessing poor QA.

No sarcasm.

Every time someone tries to quote one of your posts the square brackets in your forum name cause problems for the forum software, which wants to use square brackets for its formatting. If you look back through this thread (and every other thread you post in :wink:) you’ll see the results.

If you change the brackets in your forum name to regular round brackets, other users will be able to quote you successfully, and things will look nice and neat.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like