Angled ‘Refracting’ line on the road | AMD Graphics [October 2022]

Additional image from Simon …

1 Like

And one from Adrian …

1 Like

I’ll resurrect this thread since it literally just started happening to me. Windows 10, purpose built machine just for Zwift, all up to date, AMD Radeon RX6700XT.

1 Like

Does it stay the same distance in front of you all the time?

It’s almost like it’s the draft zone of an invisible rider. Not that this is any way to make it stop, and this is the most spitbally of spitballing, but I’m curious–when you’re riding, when does the 'Close the Gap!" graphic appear? Is it right when another rider in front of you crosses that line?

1 Like

Yep, just like everyone described above (and two years ago). Nothing is effected by it, everything else works. Well, except road and bike sounds, which disappeared back in May, but that has nothing to do with the galactic barrier.

1 Like

Interesting, I didn’t see anyone mentioning it being connected to draft zones. Curious.

1 Like

Got the same issue - windows PC with AMD graphics card… Updated all drivers - not fixed. And not linked to drafting… Also - re-installed Zwift…

1 Like

Hello all,

This issue appears to be affecting Zwifters on hardware with certain AMD graphics cards. I have raised this issue up to our engineers.

3 Likes

Having the same issue. Windows PC, 6600XT gpu. Didn’t notice it until I updated the Radeon driver to 22.11. Also seeing flickering in the menu, unless I run Zwift in windowed mode. Anyone have success with rolling back the driver to a previous version?

1 Like

Hi!

anyone seen these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkngCWyUQTs
log:
https://zwiftalizer.com/public/69f359c2-f80f-45f3-af57-16eec9e58174

It is a new gaming PC on ultra profile at 100+fps easily. Everything updated… I suspect monitor, but have no other to test.

Thank you!!
OVK :slight_smile:

PS: sorry for the video quality - first time youtuber :confused:

1 Like

Yes. Happens with an AMD card (seen on an RX 5500 XT, and an RX 6750 XT), but not with an NVIDIA card.

2 Likes

Solution?

Thank you.

1 Like

If there is a solution I don’t know of it. My brain has just sort of filtered it out.

2 Likes

Looks like this bug reported 2 years ago

4 Likes

Yes, mine is like that, this bug is stil active…

@Rowdy “zwift staff” from referenced thread - what is the issue/fix status?

1 Like

I’m duty bound to point out that running 150fps on a 60Hz display is complete waste of energy. Should be running the game in 4K too, with that GPU.

2 Likes

@Dave_ZPCMR …I agree, but this PC was not bought only for Zwift.

1 Like

That may be so, but you should enable vsync with OpenGL triple buffering for Zwift in the Radeon driver. Your display can only show 60 images per second. Put the game on 4K in the settings menu, it looks better. You’re not limited to the native resolution of your monitor.

2 Likes

Done, thanks, and found a setting to cap fps to 60.

1 Like

Vsync does the same job, you should be able to set it for Zwiftapp individually. :+1:

1 Like