BKOOL smart pro trainer 2

I’m thinking of buying the Bkool smart pro trainer 2 but I can’t really find much on people using it on Zwift. They all show the trainer using the game that already comes with the trainer with a 1-year subscription but I’m not interested.
Did anyone use Bkool smart pro trainer 2? Is it accurate on power and gradient changes? Or does anyone have another trainer for a similar or less price that works better with Zwift (I would much enjoy if it was compatible with IOS Zwift)

Most Bkool trainers need to be switched to ANT+ compatibility through their official software before they’ll communicate with Zwift, which means the Smart Pro 2 from Bkool should fully work with a Windows PC, Macbook, or Apple PC as long as you have a USB ANT+ Dongle.

I’ve read reports that the Bkool Smart Pro 2 can connect as a PowerSource over Bluetooth, but the controllable functionality isn’t supported on devices like AppleTV, iPhones, iPads, or Android devices running Zwift.

I’d also recommend reaching out to Bkool Support regarding any other stipulations involved with using Bkool trainers with apps like Zwift before considering purchase.

There’s a guy called Shane Miller who has a you tube channel called gplama. He did a great review of the bkool trainer (and loads of others if you want a good recommendation for a good trainer on zwift) thats worth a watch.
I’m sure I remember him not being impressed with its limited zwift functionality because of the above issue

Yeah I’ve been watching him for a couple years now actually . But he reviewed the bkool air , and last time I checked the air is 1,200$!!! That’s an extra 400$ more than my bike!

I’m thinking of wahoo kicker bolt or a taxc vortex . But the wahoo kicker is to said have problems and the vortex has less accurate and features than the kickr so the choice is really hard here

What did you go for in the end?

Cycleops Hammer

1 Like

Has anyone had success I using the smart pro 2 as a controlled trainer on Zwift? I can use it as a power meter but not with resistance control. This is very annoying…

I updated the firmware and now it works!

1 Like

hey! how did ypu do it, i am not very techy in this sense.
I have been using the bkloo smart pro 2 without the controllable function.
All the ANT does is onnect my HR but the controllable functions wont work.

How did you update the firmware?

Hi! It’s actually quite easy. You download the Bkool Toolkit App on you phone, unplug the trainer, plug it back, open the Bkool Toolkit App, it will detect your trainer. Now you just have to tap Update firmware. It has to be the 3.25 or later version.

Has anyone had success using the smart pro 2 as a controlled trainer on Zwift with BLE connection (Bluetooth) with Apple iOS (IpAd or Apple TV)?

Cannot find the way. It works with ROUVY (for example) but not possible to connect it as a controllable device with IpAd over Bluetooth…

Hi Iker, the Bkool isn’t contollable on Zwift with bluetooth unfortunately. You need a Mac or PC with Ant+ - The Bkool trainer also needs to have Ant+ FE-C mode enabled, which you can do by following the instructions here:

Hi Christina, do you have it working yet? If not you need to follow the instructions in the link below to enable the Bkool to be controlled by Zwift:

Thanks @Sandy_Thomson

Would CABLE device from North Pole engineering be a valid workaround for this?

It converts the Ant+ signal into BLE … so maybe potentialy could serve as a bridge for Ant+ FE-C protocol of the controllable devide…

:thinking:

I’ve not tried it but I’ve got a feeling I’ve seen a post somewhere from a person who did try it - I don’t think it worked though.

1 Like

Hi @Sandy_Thomson,

Some progress on my side on this. Bought the CABLE from North pole engineering, configured the bridge to act as Ant+ FE-C from BKOOL Smart Pro 2 to FTMS (BLE) service in CABLE…

Everything seems bridged ok between ANT+ and BLE. But cannot get resistance control work properly. It does control resistance in ERG mode (in workouts), well. perfect.
But does not control it properly when simulating the gradient.

Yes, yes, … I tried trainer difficulty slider, and makes no difference. Resistance control in normal simulation is quite random, and does not follow the gradient changes…goes, up and down, and hard and soft … rather randomly I would say.

Anyone experiencing same problem?
Any suggestion?

I got in touch with North Pole Engineering to see if they have any idea.

Thanks.

Latest update on this issue.

With the recent software and firmware update from North Pole Engineering … it now works perfectly. Resistance control matches the track gradient/incline perfect.

Great!

Great news @Iker_Arri!

So does this mean you have a Bkool Pro 2 being controlled by Zwift on an iPad/Apple TV via the North Pole CABLE?

Yes. @Sandy_Thomson
Las test update from North apple Engineering works perfect.

Trainer: Bkool Smart Pro 2
Zwift iOS on iPad Air 2
CABLE device from North Pole engineering, to connect everything via BLE (Bluetooth).

Ant+ FE-C controllable trainer protocol bridged by the CABLE device.

Everything running smooth. Resistance controlled perfectly both in ERG mode (workouts) and SIM (simulation) mode, changing with gradient of the road in free riding, races, etc.

:raised_hands:

1 Like

I’m trying to do the same with the Bkool Pro 1,

I have an iPad Pro and the CABLE Bridge But still no ‘controllable’ feed visible.

Any tips for the CABLE settings?