Bike sits crooked on the swift hub

Looking at a photo of all of the parts that come with the Hub, if you take the ‘legs’ off is it still off kilter? Just trying to isolate if the issue is in the actual trainer, or just an issue with one of the stabilizing legs.

frame
6. (transitive) To position visually within a fixed boundary.
The director frames the fishing scene very well.

Hope this helps.

I just wanted to chime in and say that I have the exact same problem. I got a Hub the first week, and documented a significant lean in my unit, using a bubble level and measuring the thickness of the rubber feet. I ended up returning it and getting a replacement, which also has the same problem, albeit slightly less dramatic. I thought the problem was me/my bike until I saw this thread. I’m also still having trouble getting my rear derailleur indexing dialed in, but now I’m wondering if it’s related.

1 Like

Can you do what you did in the 2nd and 3rd pics, but put the level on top of the foot/bar in each case? On top of the plate that gets bolted down, right behind the welds for the upright pieces.

With the floor being level, the device is out of level/plumb at either a) the foot/bars, b) the plate that clamps to the foot/bars, or c) the uprights that come up off the clamping plates.

If you have a speed square (to check for a 90 degree angle from the feet) or a smaller torpedo level, you could check those uprights too.

1 Like

I returned mine. Zwift was (after taking their time) very helpful. I could get a replacement or my money back. Opted for the latter. Ordered and tested already the wahoo kickr v5. World of a difference. It’s also 300€ more expensive.

1 Like

How would you describe the difference?

its much smoother and quieter. Especially in higher gears the hub (maybe due to the axle) was less smooth and made more noise. Overall the wahoo is way smoother, I think its the difference in flywheel solution. The wahoo when coasting and picking up again feels way nicer and life like. The hub tend to slow down faster and when picking up felt like you needed to input more power to get it going. In the end it won’t make a difference in training, but in feel and enjoyment this feels way better. But it should right? At an 300e higher price. For me worth it.

this is a bit of a white noise post but I just got a Hub last week and I am having the same issue. my bike leans to the right by a couple degrees and I’ve had nothing but issues with gear indexing as well

Hi. Mine was leaning to the right as well. No idea what is happening. Seems QC issues. However I have no idea or information about this. Zwift was very flexible in returning or replacing the hub. All in all I did not want the hassle and now very happy with the wahoo kickr.

got my replacement Hub from Zwift today and believe it or not my bike is level now! still don’t really understand what was going on with the first one, I could not pinpoint anything about it that wasn’t level

4 Likes