Beta Feedback Recap & January Update

So, if that issue is known, how come when I reported that exact same issue a couple of weeks ago, support told me that it is NOT a known issue??

When is support for U16s going to be available? For the amount of users who are in that category, itā€™s kinda stupid to not even mention it. I have two friends who canā€™t join my club cause theyā€™re U16 and theyā€™re both my primary riding partners. If this isnā€™t resolved semi soon then the functionality of clubs for a lot of users is going to be useless. I currently am the owner of one, but Iā€™m not going to be doing anything much at all before I can have U16 friends in too.

I wish I could say otherwise, but Zwift support often seem unaware of issues that are well known on these forums. You will even see that in posts by Zwift support here recently, where theyā€™ve suddenly started getting involved more.

It seems to be an issue with Zwift internal communication.

1 Like

Noting that a Club workout mode is in Backlog, while rubber-banding event types are only in Discovery: Does a workout mode by default mean thereā€™d be rubber-banding? Would a sooner-available workaround to a rubber-banded ride, be a group workout that has simply been set as a single ā€œfree rideā€ interval with no set FTP target?

1 Like

@Eddy_Lee Says that they are working on it, and they are trying to make sure that juniors are safe on the platformā€¦

Thank you all for your feedback! I answered some questions below for the group.

@Moby_Parkes things are still in discovery as far as final feature set. Individual TT mode being hosted by a club will most likely be the first type available before team TT.

@Ivo_Zaloudek_CSVC the web editing option has been removed for now. We need to get parity between both ZC and web before re-introducing it. Short names are not yet available but we are in the process of thinking about it. Clubs has had a lot starts and stops so I apologize for the confusion and mixed communication. Iā€™ll sync up with the team to make sure we can help clarify going forward.

@The_Reasberry Thanks for your feedback, we are thinking about how we create a safe environment for the U16 Zwifters. I donā€™t have an answer for you now and I hope to get a solution to you soon.

@Wannie clever Workout mode does mean there will be rubber-banding in place by default and is great feedback.

7 Likes

+1 rubber banding
+1 custom workouts
Please consider adding an adjustable late join window

The club I created is for local riders and members have a wide variety of fitness levels so no-drop rides are likely to be the majority of our events. For now Iā€™m using meetups in lieu of a rubber banding setting, but itā€™d be much easier to manage via a club event.

Additionally Iā€™d like the ability to lengthen the late join window for these no-drop rides, preferably for as long as the event lasts.

4 Likes

100% this. For club rides to be inclusive, ā€œkeep everyone togetherā€ (aka rubber-banding) is the critical option.

I feel this cuts right to the core of Zwiftā€™s mission of inclusivity and should be a top priority, not stuck in the discovery phase.

To be clear to ZwiftHQ: I LOVE how Clubs and club events are created and managed in Companion! Took me all of about 2 minutes to figure it out. You nailed it.

Shout-out as well to @Eddy_Lee for very clear communication in this thread - youā€™re crushing it here.

6 Likes

Like what I see so far. Hereā€™s the rub - I run and bike and I still get limited to 3 clubs? I just got an invite to a potential 4th club; I donā€™t know who sent it and the only way I can find out is to bail on one of my existing clubs?? Come on, open things up a bit, especially for multi-sport athletes. Weā€™re all grown-ups here, arenā€™t we??

Thank you for the reply/explanation :+1:

1 Like

I noticed that under Club Activities I can see members activity from their solo rides (not club events). Is this a bug or feature? It would make sense to only see activity for club events here.

In my opinion its a very good feature so you can give your club riders a ā€œRide onā€ for the activities they have doneā€¦

We are actively rethinking the way we attribute an activity to a club. You both bring up good points @georgios_gontikas and @Alan_Wyers_Team_TFC. We will most likely leave it to you to decide how you want to share your activity with others.

3 Likes

+1 for rubber banding and group workouts. Lionel Sanders tried to do a groupride (I think it was through a club but not sure) the other day and almost no one could stay with him. This was broadcast on his YouTube channel and discord and there were alot of comments from participants asking for the rubber banding to be enabled. I am sure this isnā€™t a unique issue. I know that in our club there are cyclists of varying levels from Cat A+ to beginners and we would like the ability to ride together.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say it is a feature. If Iā€™m in the same cycling club with others, Iā€™d give them a ride on for their non-club activities. Just like Iā€™d give them a ā€œlikeā€ on Strava for their non-club rides, even if we are in the same Club.

Rubberbanding is the most wanted feature among all our 20ish members. It is a blocker for now for making the club events the standard and we are still using meetups.

I hope this has moved on from the ā€œdiscoveryā€ phase it was two weeks ago.

2 Likes

Really a somewhat OT query, but can any event organizer (not Clubs but for regular Zwift ā€œRideā€ events) specify rubber-banding? I havenā€™t happened across such an event, only seen on ā€œtrainingā€ events, so just curious if is this a current ability if someone wanted to do such a thing?

You can specify ā€œKeep Everyone Togetherā€ if you host a personal meetup.

Right, I was aware of that. But do regular event setups also allow ā€œkeep everyone togetherā€. Not that they would necessarily ever consider, but could a typical TdZ or Herd ride have that enabled if the organizer wanted to do this? I guess Iā€™m just wondering if this doesnā€™t exist currently, maybe thatā€™s why it isnā€™t already available for Club rides if those are setup with the same menu options available.