Banning Russia and Belarus riders on Zwift?

Banning organizations is one thing, but banning Russian riders is an attack on the russian people, they won’t be back.

2 Likes

You also have to think that most of the Russian population are not fully aware of the situation in Ukraine :ukraine: .
This is due to the Russian high order banning the population from receiving free press and news. They are fed Russian State News which is their version of events where they are going to rescue Ukraine from ■■■■ Dictators that rule and commit genocide on the Ukraine population .
They don’t know what we all know , they don’t see what we see.
You can’t blame them all for what happened , but they must be made aware of this unjustified aggressive behaviour or war that their leaders have started .
Remember also that if they speak out or protest , they face arrest and prison for 8 - 15 years.
So don’t just blame them all.

6 Likes

True, just like a large number of Americans believe Biden didn’t win the election…

3 Likes

This might be the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen written on the Internet.

3 Likes

You would think differently if you had someone in Ukraine. I have someone there. The last message I got was that she is being shelled and is out of food.

Ban Russians now. Do the right thing, Zwift.

9 Likes

America and the British Invaded Iraq after lying about weapons of Mass Destruction, toppling Sadam Hussain, The americans armed ISIS and ;eft a power vaccum for them to come to power and and are thus responsible for their atrocities.

The Americans and British governments never paid for their war crimes, should we get justice by banning brtish and american riders who like the russian people had nothing to do with what their goverment had done?

Have you any idea what will happen to the russian riders if they protest against Putin? Will you go to russia to free them if they get sent to siberia from your nice warm cossy house?

2 Likes

Who do you think can get rid of Putin if it’s not the Russian people?

8 Likes

Thanks Zwift for letting us all know your stand and opinion on this matter. Can I also say thanks for NOT deleting this thread as some have asked (I’m sure Mr Putin would have wanted this thread deleted also…. In his drive for free speech!!) .

Can I also thank Zwift for the “ride for Ukraine” rides that they have allowed to take place on their site, and that while we would NOT normally want to see ANY nationality or flag deleted…… as Zwift is a platform to meet and cycle with friends and family across the world …… However do Zwift not see the current situation in Ukraine as being one of those few times in our lives that we need to take a stand. With such a massive crime against humanity that is being committed this very second do Zwift not feel that this current situation needs a unique or different approach to their normal policy guidelines.

Thank you for letting us know what Zwift will NOT do . I’m sure that most of us will respect your decisions and your opinions . However could Zwift maybe tell us what more they WILL do , if anything? Will Zwift consider temporarily deleting the Russian Flag with a message as to why they are doing this ?

As the old saying goes :- “ The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing” What more are Zwift willing to do ?

Thanks for your time and Ride-on

6 Likes

As much as I feel sorry for the Russia and Belarusian individual Cyclists, who I am sure just want to live in peace, I would support some action.

For those who say ‘it makes no difference’: well it would make a small difference in raising awareness and combating the Russia Propaganda of ‘saving Ukraine from the Nazis’. Every single company and sport that makes a stand is another blow to Putin and enough of them might be enough to make a difference.

I support a change in flag or ban.

9 Likes

Why not change the in-game Russian flag to something else - e.g. a “No War” flag, a peace sign, the Ukrainian flag, etc?

6 Likes

The only pressure that Putin will feel is if he is threatened internally. He knows he has the democratic World in check with nuclear arms. A million small chinks in his wall will bring his regime down. There are many companies in the US that are taking ethical stands on this, even if it is not in their immediate financial self-interest.

3 Likes

Russia would only use nuceur missiles if russia itself was invaded and they were losing.

The west could go into the Ukraine, it would be a world war, but fought in the Ukraine.
The reason why they do not want to do this is that due to their green policies they are dependent on russia, 70% of their energy in the case of germany alone. The USA imports oil from Russia thanks to biden wanting to be green and closing a pipeline.

The west are sanctioning russia but not thier oil or wheat that hey are dependant on, it is just talking tough,

As usual people believe all the propaganda such as Iraq having weapons of mass destrucion that the media feed them, a bunch of sheep.

1 Like

I’d just ban the Russian and Belarusian flags.

Maybe we could replace their flags with a peace flag instead.

2 Likes

We can’ t change the past, but maybe we can do a little for the people that are getting bombed right now.

4 Likes

It was bad enough when many Zwifters thought they were experts in coaching and sports science; now some think they’re experts in military strategy, too… and without access to any actual intel, either! :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

I’d like to think that the majority of Russians are against the war. Removing the flags would seem sensible though.

1 Like

Are you referring to the people in Yemen?

2 Likes

The majority of conflicts taking place in the world at the moment are internal strugles between parties.

Ukraine however is an Invasion by another Country in the name of saving that population from its government and armed forces who are supposed to be committing mass genocide .
But thats lies and irs just someone being a bully and land grabbing and wanting to turn the clock back to 1987 before the Cold War ended.
This is what makes Ukraine a different set of circumstances .

9 Likes