Bald is beautiful!?

I’ve seen a couple of posts going back a few years from fellow baldies asking about a bald avatar option, but no plans mentioned. I feel a bit of a fraud donning my wig every time I ride. Are we going to be allowed to ‘shine’ out amongst you hairy zwifters sometime soon? Surely it can’t only be bald legs out there?

Have you looked at the available ‘hair’ options? I thought there was one for bald, or at least close to it.

It’s more like a 6 o’clock shadow with a few days of growth added:

2 Likes

Yeah. That is definitely a sad approximation of ‘bald’.

I support this.

I helped a sixty-something-year-old man get onto Zwift recently and when he saw all the youthful-looking avatars with full heads of hair he actually said “none of these represent me”, which was a little sad. He still hasn’t completed his intro ride.

The current option of “I shaved off all my hair” isn’t the same as “I’ve lost some of my hair.”

4 Likes

Yes that Avatar is me and probably a lot of shiny headed males! Looks like my Action Man figure from childhood, just needs a cheek scar! It’s far from putting me off Zwift but it sounds like some people are very conscious of this omission and it’s a shame that their alienation puts them off participating.

1 Like

+1 to all that. My short-cropped avatar is a spitting image of what I looked like, about 20 years ago. Now, not so much. I don’t care hugely, after all I rarely see the top of my head. But others may be confused or think I’m trying to kid myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1 and to steal you post → what is with more lets say „strong builded“ bodies.

I am a bald 98kg Rock (in the winter maybe up to 110kg) and In want my avatar to look like me and not like Frodeno.

I thought body shape was covered as I’ve seen some units on my Zwift travels!? Surely they must have a junior in their design dept that could get to work on expanding their shape and size options. Perhaps even some comedy versions. It would cheer me up on an intense training programe to see a pink dinosaur pedalling past! :full_moon_with_face:

There is in my opinion not even a section to choose a little aerodynamic belly or change body type.

In the garage theres only Hair, beards and head form.

I think the body form is maybe estimated by weight / gender?!?

My avatar looks definitely more sporty than I…

Haha that explains everything - BMI over 26 and you get the „muscle machine“ avatar. I want a slightly chubby Avatar…with bald head.

That makes sense. Hence we all look like variations of the same person! Sounds like Zwift could be onto something if they could go a bit snapchat like with their avatars.

Absolutely. In my opinion it would even make sense to allow customers a little overdone. I mean so that Avatar can be more like a cartoon character instead of „realistic“.

Or if they want to go the realistic way do it right…

Do any Zwift developers follow these channels for new features or are we just weirding out over Avatar shapes that will never get changed? :thinking:

Zwift developers rarely, if ever, implement anything that’s suggested in these forums.

Haha, yes this would be nice!

Avatar creation discriminates against bald people! I am bald but selecting the “bald hair type” looks like a buzz cut on a person with black hair, it doesn’t look bald at all! My bald head is the same color as my skin, so selecting a facial skin tone should be mirrored on the “bald” hair style! Bald is beautiful, the avatar be able to show it!

1 Like

It would only be discrimination if you can show that the other hairstyles are significantly more accurate - mine certainly isn’t. Nor does the well-toned fit and muscled body of my avatar accurately reflect the true reality of my 90+ kilos. The only consistency is that none of us are being portrayed as we truely are.

There have been numerous feature requests related to hair styles and colors and body types. I support all of them. All users should be able to create an avatar that represents them, or represents their aspirations. These features seem to fall below Zwift’s level of interest, so my guess is nothing will come of it. (Search the forum for “hair color” and you will see what I’m talking about.)

1 Like