Arrow keys do not work as expected (custom workout editor, end ride screen, drone camera, U-turn, intersections) [1.39.0][May 2023]

Except it isn’t fixed. Someone merged my new topic into a solved topic and now it’s getting ignored. Custom workouts are a huge part of Zwift for me and now Zwift is basically broken. See above for the issue.

3 Likes

on Mac, I did fn+right arrow, to change the value. it works

2 Likes

Thanks, just tried it and it works.

Doesn’t work on mine. No combination of keyboard shortcut works. This is a MacBook Pro Keyboard layout. Not sure about others.

It’s still not working for me. I can manage with the fn+right arrow but it’s awkward.

I’ve also noticed that some of my workouts cannot be adjusted because the edit, copy, trash buttons are on top of each other. I get kicked off and have to restart the program. It continues to happen no matter what I try to do. Any suggestions?

Hi @shooj It still does not work. So as far as I’m concerned, this is NOT solved.
I can’t create a new workout, or edit an existing one. This is really frustrating, because I always need to check or adjust the numbers for my workouts. I deleted all versions of Zwift, Application Support, Preferences, etc and re-installed it. It says ZwiftAppMetal and I can’t tell what version it is. There is no “about” option. No VPN. I made a copy of the Zwift.app in Applications and launched it from a newly created shortcut on my desktop. It flat out still does not allow me to edit.

MacOS 12.6.5
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
8GB RAM
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

1 Like

Since the Zwift update earlier today, I can not create a custom workout as I typically would have.

When I try to change the duration of each block I am unable to do so successfully. In the screenshot example below, I want to change the 5 minute number to 10 minutes. Typically I would press the across arrow button, and then hit the backspace delete button. However when I select the across button now, it tabs to the “TT” button as shown in the image. When I try to select the forward delete option (control D), nothing happens.

I encounter the exact same issue when I try to change the power of each block.

I always create custom workouts, and this is a complete blocker for me right now. Please advise as soon as possible

As of this morning (05/09) this bug still exists for me.

Did you try to use the backspace button or the delete button? It worked on windows.

Neither options work on a MacBook.

2 Likes

Hi folks,

There is another thread where we are monitoring issues related to arrow key navigation in the menus. I think that this is the main issue making it difficult for Zwifters to edit their custom workouts.

Hi @Allan_Schroeder , are you able to click and drag the edges of your workout blocks? Dragging vertically should edit the power target and dragging horizontally should edit the duration.

I can’t seem to edit custom workouts anymore by selecting the time or watts value and typing a new one it. If I drag and drop a bar from the right hand side I can only edit it now by dragging the edges of the bar which is time consuming and a quite frustrating.

This has changed since the most recent update.

I’m running Zwift on a MacBook.

Anyone else got this issue?
Thanks

I am. But this is less precise than typing in the proper value. Also, if you have a workout over an hour long, I’m not sure how well it works dragging the blocks on the right of the screen.

Another workaround is that you can access your Zwift folder. There’s a subfolder for workouts, and in there, there’s one subfolder for each user ID. You can edit the .zwo files with a text editor. For people with some programming knowledge, it should be obvious how to do this. For example, here’s some text from a .zwo file I use.

<Warmup Duration="360" PowerLow="0.50449997" PowerHigh="0.90449995" pace="0"/>
    <SteadyState Duration="120" Power="0.50449997" pace="0"/>
    <IntervalsT Repeat="3" OnDuration="900" OffDuration="450" OnPower="0.98505217" OffPower="0.5" pace="0"/>

OnDuration and OffDuration are in seconds. Anything related to power is a fraction of your FTP. That said, again, this solution will not be for everyone, and it’s likely to be harder for most people than dragging the blocks. So please fix the text entry.

Using this http://zwofactory.com/ is a lot easier.

3 Likes

Hi

It’s not just arrow keys, You can’t click in the value boxes to edit the text, only thing working on the MAC is as suggested above and choose EOL and then delete, add new values.
/Micke

Did you have any luck in solving this issue? I have the exact same problem

Hi @Christopher_meakin

Welcome to the forum.

Zwift is working on a solution to the editing of the duration number, in the meantime you can drag the blocks wider to increase the time or use a 3rd party app to create the workout like http://zwofactory.com/

Hello –

As of today I’m not able to edit the duration or power of a custom workout (Mac). I can click into the field, but I’m unable to move my mouse behind the preselected duration or power - therefore I’m unable to delete 5:00 or 200w and replace them with the values I want. I used to use the left and right arrows to move my mouse behind the preselected values, but now those arrows move my mouse to different fields (as opposed to the values within a single field).

Just saw this discussion. Hope someone can help. Two queries:

1. I have created my workouts in zwofactory and clicked export workouts. It shows a txt panel of gobbeldy gook. How do I get these workouts into my Zwift Custom Workout Folder?
  2. I’m setting up a Tabata workout with 20s on and 10s rest intervals. I can’t get the second duration down to 10sec, only 30sec. I’ve tried typing it in the little duration bubble and also sliding the interval time. It just won’t go below 30s. I’ve tried setting this up in zwofactory and in Zwift itself, and same 10sec issue in both programmes.
    Any information and ideas welcome.