April 2022 ERG mode unstable and crashing

Since the new April 2022 update with the new home screen, ERG mode hasn’t been working properly on my PC. ERG crashes the system most of the time, or just disables to incline mode then works fine. Only the ERG workouts are affected I think. Normal rides and workouts without ERG seem to be working OK. I have updated the OS and Radeon drivers to no avail. Please let me know if this is a known issue or if there is any troubleshooting I have missed.

Thanks!

Trainer - Saris H3
wahoo tickr fit
assioma uno power meter

|OS Name|Microsoft Windows 10 Pro|
|System Manufacturer|Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.|
|System Model|MS-7B85|
|System Type|x64-based PC|
|Processor|AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)|
|BIOS Version/Date|American Megatrends Inc. 1.60, 3/6/2019|
|SMBIOS Version|2.8|
|Embedded Controller Version|255.255|
|BIOS Mode|UEFI|
|BaseBoard Manufacturer|Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.|
|BaseBoard Product|B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC (MS-7B85)|
|BaseBoard Version|1.0|
|Platform Role|Desktop|
|Secure Boot State|Off|
|PCR7 Configuration|Binding Not Possible|
|Windows Directory|C:\WINDOWS|
|System Directory|C:\WINDOWS\system32|
|Boot Device|\Device\HarddiskVolume2|
|Hardware Abstraction Layer|Version = 10.0.19041.1566|
|Installed Physical Memory (RAM)|16.0 GB|
|Total Physical Memory|16.0 GB|
|Available Physical Memory|9.32 GB|
|Total Virtual Memory|18.3 GB|
|Available Virtual Memory|7.77 GB|
|Page File Space|2.38 GB|
|Page File|C:\pagefile.sys|
|Kernel DMA Protection|Off|
|Virtualization-based security|Not enabled|
|Device Encryption Support|Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable|
|Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions|Yes|
|Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions|Yes|
|Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware|No|
|Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection|Yes|

Hi @Francis_General

Welcome to the forum.

I am also using Windows 10 and the Saris H3 and have not experienced those issues. How do you pair your trainer.

What GPU do you have? You’ve mentioned Radeon drivers so it’s AMD, but which one?

Anyway it’s worth rolling back. Lots of topics on this recently.

Hi, im using an ANT dongle with cord, and using the H3 for power and control. Using the assioma for cadence only.

1 Like

I have a Radeon 5700 xt by Sapphire. I wasn’t sure if it was possible to roll back my version, ill give that a try since it was working well. Thanks

1 Like

Try 21.5.2.

So that is exactly how I use my system. When pairing to ANT+ make sure to connect to the ANT+ FE-c option.

OK, ill give that a try and update when i have the chance, thanks!

I installed the new drivers and also reinstalled zwift, and ERG seems to be working for the workouts except for Jon’s mix. It keeps hanging up my system still, its weird.