The button Play/Pause can trigger usage of the PowerUp. When a media application is running in parallel on tvOS it also consumes the key pressed signal of button Play/Pause. Therefore using the Play/Pause button usually stops running music in VLC or Spotify. Therefore we used this workaround:
- Up-Arrow # bottom menu shows
- Up Arrow # selects PowerUp at top
- Press entire clickpad or center button (depending on remote) # uses PowerUp
This no longer works since releae “1.39”. Only the button for Play/Pause is usable. Therefore we always have to switch the app (which interrupts the telemetry from trainer and heartrate-sensor) to launch playback again. Which is negative during races and group rides.
Can you please implement either of these?
- Previous behavior: PowerUp again reachable with pressing Up-Arrow.
- Alternative: Add possibility to select the PowerUp from bottom-menu.
- Alternative: Consume signal of Play/Pause only when a PowerUp is available and don’t forwarard button press signal to tvOS and other apps in the background.
While I think the last one is the most convenient and expected behavior I’m not sure if it can be implemented. Coming from Linux I assume that a focused window consumes a signal and doesn’t forward by default. Maybe the expected behavior on tvOS is different and therefore solution 1. was applied?