Apple Watch Unpaired Bug

I’ve only started to get back into Zwift after the summer off to find that my Apple Watch 6 won’t register with the companion App at all. Trainer is hooked up via the Apple TV 4k and I only use the app for map and HR info. I find it maddening that Zwift can’t figure this out and will be looking for other programs. The watch fails to close rings due to the lack of heart rate info. We don’t want more/new maps, we want a stable platform.

For those just seeing this thread, if you’re interested in the resolution of this issue, please hit the vote button on this thread. Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure it has been mentioned yet in this thread, but one of the motivations behind having this issue resolved is not only to have the heart rate displayed via the watch, but (per Zwifts support doc) the Apple Watch must be used as a Zwift heart rate monitor in order to add data to Apple Health app.

[this is where i would link the Apple Watch section of the Zwift Heart Rate monitors support document, but unable to post links in forum posts]

This limitation doesn’t seem to be shared in other apps, such as Strava or Wahoo, which are able to add workout data to Apple Health without the need to go thru the Apple Watch.

This means the issue isn’t an Apple Watch limitation or something outside of Zwifts control, it’s a poor implementation.

My point being, it may seem like we are simply talking about having the convenience of heart rate directly from our Apple Watch, but it goes beyond that as demonstrated above.

Thanks, and if you are just joining us and interested in the resolution of this issue, please hit the vote button in this thread.

2 Likes

I have found exactly the same issue. Just getting back to Zwift after having summer out on the roads but iWatch 5 wont even pair properly. Really frustrating and like others on here this is the second time this year Ive had problems pairing my watch to Zwift.

1 Like

Same issue here (AW6). Really anoying, not really 2021, and not 15 eur/month. Please resolve!

As an alternative, you can use the HeartCast app which for me connects fine every time. It does have little drops during the workout but I found that happened a bit even when I used the Zwift apple watch app. Just download heart cast and connect your watch to heartcast before getting on the bike. Then at the start up screen, just connect to your apple watch like any other heart rate monitor. You won’t get a bike workout in your activity app unless you write the workout to Strava and then you have Strava record in apple watch.