Apple Watch App

+1 for me too!  Contemplating getting a HR monitor, but don’t want to spend the money if we can use the Apple Watch!  

Here here, an HR from the watch would be fantastic. No need for a chest strap then. 

Any update on this feature? I too would like this feature to be added on as I have an ant+ heart rate monitor but I am using all my sensors via BLE and would be nice to be able to use all the existing gear I have before going out getting either an ant+ dongle or BLE heart rate monitor… Cheers! 

Oh please, oh please, oh please make the Apple Watch HR monitor accessible to Zwift… :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1. Why would you not make this a feature? I wear my watch all day, inc riding. Strava syncs with it perfectly. In fact, your data going in to Strava is lacking only lacking heart rate which I normally derive from my watch.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason besides technical difficulty why using the apple watches HRM isn’t a priority?

1 Like

+1 I keep checking back on this thread as I am really hoping this becomes a reality.  I wear my apple watch for all my training and really miss the heartrate data when I zwift.  Loving ride London by the way - good job :slight_smile:

Just signed up for a 1000 mile in a month challenge for chairty in October, would love to have something setup for then. I plan to be doing a sizable number of those k’s on the trainer I think.

One minor suggestion for a watch app would also be to give you a small tap on the wrist when coming up to a turn, just another small reminder that theres a chance to change course while you’re riding

Hi All

Any further update on this now Watch OS3 is out and the new Series 2 Watch is out. I use Zwift with my mobile but having the watch on my wrist makes life a lot easier so if this could be integrated it would be good and interesting to see how you do it.

Thanks.

I’ve just got the watch series 2 and have worn it a couple of times when on zwift, if it had some of the mobile link features it would be great. I do use a cheat strap for hart rate as it works better than an optical reader, especially if doing intervals.

I’ve just signed up for Zwift and I use the Apple Watch. It will detect Heart Rate in Strava so this is the next natural step I feel. I’d pay the monthly subs for this definately!

Another Zwift user STRONGLY in favor of having Zwift pair with iWatch2 heart rate monitor. Wearing a chest strap is a hassle. I know that the watch monitor isn’t quite as acurate, but it’s much more user friendly and much better than nothing. Please?

I’m another user that would love to see Apple Watch support.

+1

Yet another user that would LOVE to get HR from the Apple Watch.  I hate wearing the chest straps and this watch is always on while on the bike and is getting my HR anyway.  Wouldn’t it be nice if Swift could just grab it?  After that, Maybe my Garmin Edge could too.  

+1 for heart rate!

Like others, it would allow me to not only have one less thing to put on before training (chest strap) but would offer opportunity to use Zwift in more places (mobile version).

+1 for the apple watch.

Just joined and was surprised that the you weren’t able to take HR off the watch.

And another that would love to see the HR pulled from the watch. I always have it on and its far more comfortable than my garmin one! 

And another that would love HR from that Apple Watch series 2 please please please!!!

Just signed up and HR would be a great addition.   

Keep working on it!

+1 for heart rate

+1 for heart rate and other integration with my Apple Watch.