Apple TV 4k remote issues

@Vincent thanks! please let me know when it has been implemented

The issues you commented on, exactly the same issue on ATV. I’ve given up trying to use it, just to much of a hassle. I’m using my laptop now, which in the next year to eighteen months the graphics will be out of date as it’s not a high end PC.

YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! I have been getting so frustrated with this, having to force a shutdown, when restarting Apple TV, and opening Zwifit I would have to save the ride, (because the cursor wouldn’t move to allow me to end my rides). I was then having to log into zwift.com to download the fit file and upload it to Garmin and Strava…It was becoming such a waste of time and extremely inefficient. Thank you for giving me 20minutes back in my day!!

@Vincent hey man :slight_smile:

Are there any news on these two issues, the first one being MUCH more important?

01 - The ATV 4k remote issues, which started this thread all along and I posted a video and numerous users in here have reported the same.

02 - Added music toggle to title screen <— why is this not supported in the menu of Apple Tv 4k ???

Thanks,

1 Like

Hey Eiki, we’re still investigating! Might be an obvious statement but make sure the battery in the remote is charged as well.

As for the ATV music toggle, no word on an update for that.

@Vincent hmmmm “investigating” … are we still at the level that you say you’re not able to re-produce the problem inside ALL your lists within the UI of Zwift? You see all the people who report the same problem … easiest lists to check is the “customize” list where you choose your gear/bikes/socks etc …

But to address your comment, my remote is 100% charged and has nothing to do with this, it works PERFECT in all other apps inside the ATV4K.

4 Likes

That feels a bit like telling my grandmother how to suck eggs.

Given level the of feedback, it might be better to acknowlwdge the issue, and attemptiing to resolve it. People have bought ATV for Zwift as an easy and cheaper option. The later point is true, easier it is not.

There is even video on this thread, demonstrating very well the issue.

Please do better.

3 Likes

Using Apple TV 4K with charged remote battery :point_up: as well. Still have the problem …

1 Like

Hello Vincent,

I have the same issue. I just installed Zwift on the apple tv, 4th gen, 32GB, and moving the cursor/scrolling is not possible at all. Battery of remote is fully loaded.

It works fine in every other app. I programmed another remote for the apple tv and tried again, same issue. Also tried controlling with iPhone, also same issue.

Only thing left is a software bug in the Zwift app. Apparently it does not pick up the inputs from the Apple cursor movement.

Do you have any idea when this will be fixed ? At the moment I can only do free ride.

Thanks,
Maarten

1 Like

After reading one of the other comments: I switched off the voice over, now the cursor can move again. It still is not smooth but at least I can get it to work.

Please upvote this problems guys, it’s at the top of the thread … so Zwift will actually start to fix this issue!

@Vincent have you reported and escalated this problem properly inside your company? This should have a really high priority since people all over the globe are using Apple Tv 4k for Zwift …

It’s not just the 4k. I’m having the same issue with my 4th. Zwift is unusable.

I am also experiencing this problem. So much so that I was unable to end my ride the other night for quite some time. @Vincent - Let me know if you need any info from me.

@Vincent do you have any news on the issue at all? Are your developers working on fixing the remote control issue on Apple Tv 4k?

@lord02 @Matthew_Merz @Ben_Cook1 @Maarten_van_Heide @Eoin_Winter @Greying_Cyclist

I was able to reproduce the UI delay as I mentioned on the 9th and the Apple TV team has been made well aware of this. I’ll give you all updates in real time as usual although I have no significant update at this time. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for being so patient with us!

1 Like

The issue persists after yesterday’s ‘big’ update. Too bad this hasn’t been fixed. Zwift - Please make this a priority,

3 Likes

Scrolling through workouts is a pain, but selecting and changing your FTP with the Apple Remote is downright impossible.

Even the tiniest touch causes the FTP to shoot up or down. You want 120 watts? Nope…you get 109 or 143. Your only hope is to try to get to 150 and then gently touch it and hope it jumps to near 120.

Then, when you try to move off FTP and back to the workout, you’ll most likely accidentally change it again while trying to move off.

If you can’t fix the crazy responsiveness of the touch pad, at least make the FTP a field you have to click on to change, then click on again to lock it in place.

I’ve been doing workouts at random FTPs because I’m afraid I’ll never be able to get back.

2 Likes

I don’t use AppleTV remote for ANY “delicate” operations. It’s good just to start Zwift (installed on Apple TV), choose Workout/Route and Go … that’s all you can use it for (and even then have to be quite patient)

But for any other job - like avatar customization, workout design/change, FTP setting, etc … I use Zwift installed on my MacPro … it’s more comfortable to do those tasks there …

Yes, people finding workarounds for all the shortcomings on the Zwift program, while it should be fixed on all platforms really… it’s sad…

Not going to advocate Zwift staff here :sunglasses:, but I believe main problem here is Apple TV remote, as it’s basically horrible design … just my $0.02