Apple TV 4k remote issues

@Vincent what do you say about this “Join Another Zwifter” AppleTv4k vs PC?
I get all these people when using Windows … but on iOS I only get my friends, if there are any on the track

Is is possible to get not-only-friends on iOS as well so I have more people to run alongside with?

Same problem. Glitchy Apple TV remote.

omg. so typical of zwift support.

second sentence says “I do not experience this issue in any other applications”

1 Like

vincent… stop asking dumb questions. fire up an Apple TV and see for yourself.

1 Like

“as you can imagine there’s a lot to test in the backlog so it’s in the queue.”

which means one of two things…

1. your QA team is too small
  2. your programmers suck
1 Like

@Vincent Hi !
What’s the status on the fix on this … you said this has already been fixed, but has just not been released?
Can you please update us on the status of this issue with Apple Tv 4k remote. Thank you,

1 Like

Huge problem for me as well. I can’t scroll through the workout list at all with my ATV4k remote. The side to side menu jumps are usually ok (not great), but vertical scrolling not working at all.

Has not been working properly since I started Zwift 6+ weeks ago.

Apple TV 4K. Same issues

I’m having problems with app too. Only in Zwift.

+1 and only in Zwift
Apple TV 4K

Issue has not been fixed and it is something that has been reported now for some time. Nearly impossible to select a course on Apple TV using the remote. Only an issue with Zwift app not any other app on my Apple TV 4K.

Some suggestions:

1. Perhaps Zwift coukd actually use the devices it supports. AppleTV is pretty inexpensive. Buy one and you’ll see the issue firsthand instead of constantly debating with your customers about whether it’s a real issue.
  2. Browse the Apple Developer resources and maybe Zwift will learn how to properly code its app to work with the remote like every other single app on Apple TV.

Looking forward to Zwift getting some real competition so it will be forced to discover good customer service.

2 Likes

Hey all, we appreciate everyone’s concern and our apologies for the frustration with Apple TV selection!
We’ve tested the remote’s responsiveness on our side and yes it is very sensitive but it does function properly.
It needs to have deliberate light touches, nothing too sporadic, and the scroll should be fine. The Apple TV’s remote functionality isn’t quite the same as a touchscreen.

@lord02 Keyboard functionality is not something we are working on at the moment because of the number of Bluetooth connections that are available with Apple TV.

We do understand the Customization menu is wonky but we are working on an entire overhaul for that so please stay tuned.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and you can also contact our technical support at this link: https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you!

Deliberate light touches dont work. Try scrolling through a tour of new york ride report with 400 riders to find yourself with the remote, and you will be there for 5 minutes while scrolling 2 people at a time.

The remote works like crap. I use a Logitech Harmony for everything else but Zwift will not accept any of the inputs. Can someone explain why IR commands are not accepted for Zwift? That’s a huge oversight.

1 Like

@Vincent do you know when will the fix for the remote control be released? It’s my understanding that you guys are still working hard to fix it … that’s the main (only?) thing that’s making my Zwift sessions hard, the scrolling with the remote control. I don’t care about the lack of keyboard support inside Zwift, I just mentioned it because I was trying to get the remote-bug away, by connecting a bluetooth keyboard.
In game experience is EXCELLENT! I do both running and riding inside Zwift :slight_smile:

Sidenote: Is is not possible to change the game resolution inside Zwift on Apple Tv 4k? What is it set to … is it 1080p? I’ve seen a screenshot from PC, and there you can change the resolution to at least 1440p …

Are you able to make a video of your scrolling being pretty much unusable? It would definitely help us out visually since we haven’t run into any issues sans scrolling too fast with the remote.

@lord02 That’s the thing, we haven’t run into an issue with it except for the customization panel, which is being overhauled. We’re willing to create a video on our side to showcase this, just in case we really are missing something.

@Vincent I thought you had already confirmed the bug - at least inside the Plans / Workouts list where it’s most obvious. The bug is 100% connected to SCROLLING in lists, all lists in your interface, using Apple Tv 4k.

At least you confirmed this 17 days ago:
Edit: The highlighted training plan issue is a bug that we’ve reported, the fix just hasn’t shipped yet and should be in the next update.

The remote control problems can be seen easily in the Plans / Workout list, and has been confirmed by numerous users on this thread already?

I guess I can create a video for this tonight after work, ***** where can I upload the video to? *****

Kind regards,

1 Like

Hi @lord02 the issue that you described here has been fixed:

We’re going to keep testing the Apple TV 4K scrolling on our side to see if we can reproduce the extremely clunky scroll and select everyone is experiencing. Will test it again and update this thread. Thank you for being patient with us!

Edit: And please make a video, that would help us out! You can upload it on a place like Youtube and link it here.

1. @Vincent I made a video … don’t know if it’s clear enough, but I hope so.
    Here’s the link to the Youtube video, it’s currently being uploaded, will take some time, but this is the link it will be on, enjoy :slight_smile:
    20181108_181132.mp4 - YouTube

You say the selected-items incorrectly has been fixed:
When will the iOS version be released? It’s been 10 days since you announced this version, have Apple still not accepted it? You can see it’s still version 1.0.31304 (not 1.0.31423!), from 29. of October 2018

I have this latest version, 1.0.31304 (not 1.0.31423!) , installed on my Apple Tv 4k, the issue for selected-items has NOT been fixed, and I still can’t turn off the title-music ?!

And as you can see, the title-music still CANNOT be turned off:

1. What is this … should there be a label (text) on this button?

1 Like

There is a configuration setting on the AppleTV 4k that lets you control the scroll speed of the touchpad. I moved mine to slowest setting, and Zwift became much more usable. Didn’t seem to make much difference in the way everything else work, just made Zwift better.

3 Likes