Crashes on macOSX 10.11 El Capitan? [1.14.0] [June 2021] [SOLVED]

Looks like they ended support for Yosemite. That may have something to do with it.

1 Like

I completed a ticket with tech support and it seems like an 8GB memory requirement was added as well. My MacBook is 4GB so I’m SOL it seems. I was a week away from finishing up a training plan, this is just bad timing :frowning:

1 Like

I previously tested the game running fine (albeit with low quality textures) on as little as 2GB on a PC, so this sounds like codswallop to me. I’ll have to test it again.

I had plans to upgrade my laptop but a little notice would have been nice. I was hoping to see if there were any back-to-school specials later in the summer. I wish we could use the previous build - I just opened Zwift on my phone and it gave me the option to update now or within 5 days. This just sucks.

Yup, totally agree. Zwift should give notice about this. There is no reason to not disclose this early, give people a months watching @shooj ?

1 Like

Hi @Neil_UK

It was posted beginning of the month.
Ending support for macOS v10.10 [June 2021]?

1 Like

El Capitan is new enough though. :wink:

Not working on El Capitan - Zwift states that is the minimum requirement…so should still work - very frustrating…

1 Like

Thanks for the previous post Neil! I’d also like to know the answer for the lack of notice. Even games on my phone give out warnings months ahead of time of when support for certain devices or operating systems will end.

The training plan is one thing, I have a 2 hour+ race this weekend which is the last in the series - it’s going to be painful on a smaller screen :grimacing:

Running El Capitan 10.11.6 so I should have minimum requirement as well but I am also unable to launch the app. Not getting any error message just crashes.

Fair enough then

As the last update, issues on MacOS as well. As soon as I click “Let’s Go” Zwift crashes.

6 Likes

Hello @Oliver_King2 @Vicky_L @Steven_Scott1 @D_Winn @_Gil_SantaMaria and everyone on this thread.

Thanks for bubbling this issue up. We’re treating this bug with the highest priority.

We’re having difficulty reproducing this crash. This may indicate that it’s not affecting every OSX El Capitan (10.11) user across the board. Is anyone using El Capitan without problems? Please chime in if so.

Secondly - because the crash happens during the application launch phase - our servers are not capturing the crash data from your computers. If you are tech savvy (@Oliver_King2 I’m looking at you sir) and would like to send us your crash event logs, we’d love to investigate your specific computer.

Please follow the instructions on this Support Hub article, and attach your crash logs in an email to logs@zwift.com. If you would put “El Capitan Crash” in the subject line, that’d be helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

I have El Capitan 10.11.6 and Zwift won’t work after updating today. Thoughts?

5 Likes

That is what I have. Tech support said Zwift won’t work on my computer with this new update. They said, find another device to run Zwift on.

1 Like

Same issue here. Did you find a fix?

The newest update doesn’t work on my MacBook with El Capitan either. I put in a ticket with support and was told the newest version of the app requires 8GB of RAM. That’s kind of an expensive fix … I don’t remember getting any warnings about that :frowning:

same here

Yeah, same problem over here. Has Zwift support contacted you with any fix?