APIs and zwiftpower.com

(Nicolas Christin) #1

Could we have an update on the API advancement and more specifically the zwiftpower.com situation?

(Steven D) #2

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry for the inconvenience! We’re working directly with Zwift Power to ensure GDPR compliance for how user data is shared outside of Zwift and to help them re-enable their services. If you have any other questions about GDPR, see our FAQ article for more information.

Regrettably, I don’t have any other specific information as to exactly when Zwift Power is expected to once again become operational, but it’s something we’re working on. Thanks very much for your patience as we work on returning functionality to our external developers!

Also, we’re happy to help you understand the recent changes regarding the General Data Protection Regulation that has recently come into effect. We’ve compiled a helpful knowledge base article with additional links to our updated privacy policy and cookie policy, which you can find here - https://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004225292

As mentioned on that page, any requests for complete account deletion or additional questions about your data can be sent to privacy@zwift.com We hope that helps!

(Nick Keat) #3

I realise you can’t give specific information about when this will be sorted, but I wanted to reiterate my disappointment with Zwift’s response to the requirements of the GDPR - it’s not come out of the blue, and zwiftpower is a hugely important site for anyone interested in racing. Without it, racing on Zwift is a lot less enjoyable, and nowhere near as well organised. Please devote as much resource as is needed to this task - racers seem to be very poorly prioritised by the Zwift devs.

(David Leckenby) #4

I would like to add my vote to this issue - the results that zwiftpower provide add a lot to my Zwift experience. It’s taking far too long to sort this out, and unreasonable that you can’t provide any sort of estimate at all. I’m a software developer and the excuse that “it’s too complex” does not stack up - you have to have some idea.