Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

which may or may not require ANOTHER account… you already need 3 for the WTRL chase races and other events, no more please!

6 Likes

Not every event can or should be on the public calendar. It should be the same sign up process for both though - just click to join and you’re in. Internal or external.

2 Likes

I think all should be on the public calendar. Except special events like XYZ finals or pro races. If there is any special requirements then Zwift should filter it out.

2 Likes

I’d disagree or the public calendar will be full of poor events. A bit like how it is now where some organisers don’t care or update their events so just repeat week after week and get poor participation.

A more dynamic approach would be better where a club organiser first creates an event and if they can get enough interest they can get added to public calendar maybe 20-30 riders minimum.
And for it to work the opposite way if events continue to get poor numbers remove them to force organisers to promote within their club and externally if they want it to continue.

This would be a far better system than having to try persuade events team to give you an event. Which right now if you are a big club you get the time slots and events far easier.

4 Likes

I see your point @Gordon_Rhino-Racing.

If you look at RGT they do it as you describe and it is hard to find races and it is all over the place.

Maybe more filters in the companion app can fix the calendar. And maybe a rating system for races and rides if races and rides are rated low it fall of the calendar.

You have good points that I agree with.

4 Likes

I think a good balance may be a selection of ‘highlighted’ events in the game and companion app, and a web portal to search all public events, where you can filter by your requirements.

3 Likes

yep the companion app is long overdue an update. Baffles me why something as simple as a text search to find an event is not implemented. It must be very confusing for lots of new Zwifters until they find the likes of Zwifthacks or Zwiftpower events page to get a better filter. I very rarely use companion itself to signup for an event (except clubs has made that slightly easier)

I rating system sounds like an interesting idea. i’ve seen it mentioned elsewhere the idea that riders could provide post ride feedback either in just as a rating or comments. That would be great for organisers if linked into clubs to get direct feedback.

Highlighted events is a good idea but all too often the highlighted events right now go to the big clubs and organisers which is where a rating system could be an interesting approach.

2 Likes

Events calendar is a waste land to what it was a few years ago, is a real shame.

1 Like

Yes agree - hopefully with some of their new appointments they can clean up the calendar a bit and promote some more variety. Ultimately adding the best series to the game and app is in Zwift’s interest, and rewards the best race organisers. (although at the moment creating anything unique is pretty tricky).

1 Like

If I did not follow all Zwift news like a hawk (stalker…LOL ) I would not know how about the Chase race. How many other racers don’t know about it.

3 Likes

Are you guys using the Zwifthacks Calendar? I don’t even look at the one on the Zwift site except to sign up from the link in the ZH calendar…

You should’ve gotten an email from WTRL. I did.

1 Like

O yes I use that to find events. But I sign up using the companion app, it is easy because I only ride between 5am and 7am so I only have to look in that time block.

A lot will of missed it but also a lot will have been made aware of it due to the direct emails from WTRL as they have everyone’s contact details due to ZRL forcing you to signup with WTRL.

I did, but it is between the many many other Zwift emails. Did people not registered to WTRL get he E-mail.

No I have a couple accounts not on WTRL systems that did not get it.

1 Like

I exclusively use events promoted through Facebook or via my team’s Facebook page now. I think there is a growing distinction between active Zwift racers that take part in ZRL, Flamme Rouge, Warrior Games series etc, and the mass of Zwifters that take a casual look at the event calendar and join a race. That’s a shame, but can be rectified.

5 Likes

Zwift racers on Facebook is now just an advertising space… There is no discernible chat in there at all…

Just use that to promote events - though I’ve pretty much stopped looking at so I won’t see any of them :laughing:

3 Likes

That’s me and literally everyone I personally know on Zwift. The only reason I knew about the Zwift Classics was the very thread we’re posting on right now. I had to ride them because of my incessant griping about pen enforcement and then that became incessant griping about WTRL…

1 Like

Are other race organizers now using the secret handshake as well? There’s a SZR race now in progress according to ZP ZwiftPower - Login that I sort of thought about doing but when I tried to sign up a couple of hours before the start, I just got the event not found error, and the event was not listed on the Zwift website, the companion app or Zwifthacks either.