Anti sandbagging and other areas that need development and communication

Identifying non-ZP’ers isnt the answer - a lot of people get called out in races these days and the standard answer, when caught, is that they are doing a “recovery ride”, or “just here to cruise”, or simply are out to ruin races and are up for a debate. Identifying them in races serves no purpose - enforce action before they cause the damage.

5 Likes

I think you’re right. That’s what happened to me when I started - I didn’t understand w/kg and didn’t know Zwiftpower existed. I just entered in D and kept getting beaten by miles and figured “I guess I’ll move up if I can get some regular top 10s”. It was only when I started getting really keen on Zwift that I started reading about it and learned I should be in C.

I think the pandemic brought a greater proportion of “casual Zwifters” to the platform than before, and that they’re less likely to go hunting for the info than “enthusiast/die-hard Zwifters”.

1 Like

Yeah, the recovery ride thing is crap.
If you’re hurt, you should either rest, free ride or do an low intensity group ride.
But if things aren’t discussed in an open forum, how do people learn?

4 Likes

Get organiser to do what I’ve always done: remove results from Zwift and force people towards ZwiftPower. If they’re genuine, they’ll ask questions and learn; if not, they won’t want join ZP so they won’t get their moment of “glory”.

7 Likes

I had one Friday… why don’t you put results up… I like to see how I have done straight after the race… I explained… open ZP live and you can see it all… Duh… he wasn’t on ZP… unlucky…

4 Likes

53 posts were split to a new topic: Batter Race start procedure

This has to be the first visible action to bringing order out of the chaos …

10 Likes

Unfortunately, clicking on the heart only removes your love not increases it. Best news ever. Yay!

2 Likes

This is a clear sign that ZP is a part of Zwifts plan going forward. Maybe a preparation for the coming category enforcement solution. If they could just brand it now, it wouldn’t feel like a 3rd party site.

Having Zwift as a identity provider also opens up the possibility for other sites to be allowed to use Zwifts ID for their site. WTRL will be the natural next candidate.

1 Like

Boom! Great news

4 Likes

I think I beat you there: Make Zwift ID Easily Accessible - #8 by OleKristian, but it has probably been suggested long before that :wink:

The important thing is that is implemented :+1:

3 Likes

I think I’ll hand this one to @Lee_H in October:

5 Likes

@Lee_H :trophy:

1 Like

As nice as those posts are gentleman I would hazard a guess that SSO would have been on the Roadmap long before we brought it up (atleast I hope so).

But thankyou for the shout out…

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that SSO was brought up ages back, after Zwift took over Zwiftpower, in discussions on hope of how things could be improved.

3 Likes

It would be a very natural thought for anyone in the business.

1 Like

Yeah I think it did, but not important anyway. It’s great that this is happening, but I would really like some insight in to the roadmap. What’s the end goal?

2 Likes

Let’s hope that this is an important first step into bringing Zwift and Zwiftpower closer together.

It would seem to make it a lot easier to suggest to people to register for Zwiftpower if they enter a race without a ZP connection, given how much easier it will be to do so shortly.

Yep as I said in the other thread. It’s positive news, but it’s long over due and one of a huge number of no brainer items that should have been sorted years ago.

1 Like

If they can do 5 for a few minutes they can do 2.7 for 20, they just don’t want/have to.

5 Likes