ANDROID: Wahoo KICKR owners - Sim and Erg working properly - no more Lag/Errors, on Android Beta

resistance
trainer
(zwill) #1

Hello Zwifters,

As of Android Beta release 35386, the Resistance Lag and Errors are fixed for Wahoo KICKR trainers!
If you are encountering problems, please let us know.
Thank you for your patience during our Android Beta phase.

Will
Android Platform Lead

(D irt McGirt) #2

As of this morning (7 hours ago) I was still having serious lag issues on the resistance for my Kickr Core (2018) model. I use Apple TV 4k.

(zwill) #3

Dan,
Sorry for confusion, this post was for Android Beta users. I’ve renamed the title.

The ATV / IOS / Mac trainer issues are here:

(Malcolm) #4

Just to confirm my Lenovo Tab4 10 and my Kickr gen1 working perfectly with this latest update - did Watopia Stage 4 yesterday with lots of lovely resistance which is great (but not for my legs) Well done and thanks everyone at Zwift HQ

(Aaron Zwanzig) #5

Confirmed. Zwift controlled the resistance on my Kickr Gen 1, running on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Spin down worked, ERG mode in workouts worked, and grade changes in sim mode worked. Thanks for your efforts, @will_botti!

(Michael) #6

It’s just red (i.e it’s like gray scale except the gray is shades of red) or black (i.e you can’t see anything) on my android phone. For the rendering of the game. The hud is visible (well, it’s too small for anyone over 45 to read but it’s there at least)

That said your list of phones says it ‘runs ok’ on the android phone I have (nexus 5x) From which it’s not clear whether that’s because the phone is not good enough, or your code is unoptimised and eventually you hope to improve it on these phones?

Either way, if you want the beta version testing you’d be better giving codes out, because charging twice the money Netflix charge per month and asking us to test your code is difficult to swallow.

(Conrad Juleff (A) ) #7

Thanks and to confirm kickr1 and samsung s8 working ok. Will continue to test and mobile or tablet is so much more convenient for me.