Hi David, I found the exact same issue after installing and it was unresponsive on my HTC M9+
I managed to fix it by going to manage apps, where I noticed the permissions for this app were set to none. So I allowed all the permissions it needed.
I also moved the app to my external storage as internal memory was touching 90% but I don’t think that was my issue, more the one above (app permissions).
I forced the app to close and then restarted, where it verified the download and after some loading eventually (took a couple of minutes) loaded.
However I was unable to use it, as boxes which should have had words were not loaded. It seemed to load the graphics of the main menu thats all.
Hope you had better luck.