Android Supported Devices (UPDATED: Dec 22, 2019)

Cheers Andy, this is useful as I was about to buy a new tablet after giving up on it working on my Samsung Tab A

Certainly give it a try before you pay out for a new tablet

This SideSync is not working on my non-Samsung phone (Xiaomi Redmi Note 5) - throws some exception, but works on Samsung Tab A.
So this is not an option, unfortunately

Hi, zwift works well with Samsung galaxy S3 tablet, android. Does anyone know how I can couple Zwift w my ant+ garmin HR monitor? I have the ant+ apps downloaded on the tablet and even got a type c micro usb to usb adapter to try with my external ant stick. Doesnt work. Does anyone know how I can make it work?

You would need to use the 4iiii Viiiiva HRM or CABLE to bridge the ANt+ signal to the phone. A better option would be to get duel band sensors.

For clarity, Zwift for mobile devices is BLE only.

So

So on Samsung Note Pro12.2 it is not possible to run the Zwift application ?
Are you planning add this tablet recommended list ?

Hi - Iā€™m setting up the cave and thinking of investing in a tablet to dedicate to zwift/fitness stuff.

I was about to go for the Huawei MediaPad M5 which is on the recommended list, but then saw some reports of issues with bluetooth and wifi use simultaneously (essentially using bluetooth knocks the wifi performance down quite a bit, apparently).

Does anyone have any experience of this? Or of hooking up a Huawei MediaPad M5 to ANT+ asca workaround?

Alternatively Iā€™ll have to up the budget I suppose and look at a Samsung (Iā€™m not, and will never be, Apple-compliant).

Any help much appreciated.

Hi, sorry to drop into your threadā€¦
Iā€™m thinking about buying a Huawei MediaPad M5 for Zwiftā€¦ Iā€™m reading reports of issues when using bluetooth and wifi at same time (making wifi performance drop a lot).

Have you had any issues with that?
Thanks!

Iā€™m unaware of any such problems, but my daily driver for Zwift is 100% Windows. Iā€™ve only tried Android versions as a curiosity. I did shoot a bit of video for someone else of my M5 in action. It works fine, but is not a test of WiFi other than maintaining my Zwift connection.

1 Like

Thanks - good to know in any case.

Continuing the discussion from Android Supported Devices (UPDATED: March 9th, 2019):

What is the problem with running Zwift on Samsung Note Pro SM P900 ?

Please add Note Pro SM P900.

Thanks, when you said get dual band sensors, I understood in regard to HRM with both ant and bluetooth. I bought the garmin HRM DuAL but still does not pick up on zwift using samsung tablet. Shouldnā€™t this device work? Is it different then the 4iii? Just donā€™t want to return and buy another if wont work. Thanks

Hi,
this probably wonā€™t help, but just for FYI: I got the Garmin HRM Dual with a One Plus 5 working perfectly! Ok, when connecting the HRM in Zwift, Iā€™ll have to wait some time to get it listed in the available HRM device list, but not longer than 10-15 secondsā€¦
Have you tried connecting the HRM with another app on the samsung tablet or any other device? Just to be sure, the HRM is ok.
Best regards!

Runs with TCL PLEX, having issues, pairing the speed and cadence sensor (BTWIN).

Best regards;

Thanks for the reply! Yes Iā€™ve confirmed the heart rate monitor actually works and records on my Garmin. Iā€™ve waited about 10 to 15 minutes for the heart rate monitor to pair with zwift but no luck. The heart rate monitor pairs find with my tablet via Bluetooth

Disconnect the HRM from the Bluetooth on your phone and ONLY let it connect within the Zwift app, Bluetooth can only connect to one app or device at a time.

1 Like

Please add the Samsung Tab A!
It has the capacity, so we not make the Tab A run Zwift?

1 Like

Bonjour la nouvelle tablette samsung galaxy tab s6 est-elle compatible avec zwift?
Merci.

1 Like

I borrowed my wifeā€™s BUSH SPIRA B3 10 Android tablet to try Zwift on it. This tablet has a mini HDMI port and projects Zwift wonderfully to a large TV. Works great - so, please add this device to the list of devices it works on. It is running Android 7.0. Hopefully, (please, please) donā€™t do anything that will stop Zwift running on this device.

As this went so well, (and this tablet is no longer available) I purchased a BUSH 10Nou Android tablet (running 8.1.0) which looks more or less the same (and I think is the upgrade from the other Bush tablet - similar price in retailer 1 year later - this one has a micro HDMI port). Unfortunately (agggghhhhh) Zwift does not appear in play store so is deemed to be incompatible with this tablet. Does anyone know of any way I can make the tablet compatible with Zwift (e.g setting I can change), or does anyone know why this later model is not compatible. Thanks in advance.