Android Supported Devices (UPDATED: Dec 22, 2019)

Hi Adam
Mine is a Lenivo Tab 4 10 TB-X704F so presumably slightly different spec. I’m afraid I don’t know why yours doesn’t work altgough I am Android 7.1.1 so maybe that is the issue.
Try contacting Zwift support. They have been helpful with my Bluetooth loss of resistance issue although not solved yet

Well, apparently yes. And the difference is important:
TB-X704F - is the top model of Tab 4 10 with specs:
[Chipset] Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (14 nm) - Wi-Fi/LTE
Qualcomm APQ8053 - Wi-Fi only
[CPU]Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
[GPU]Adreno 506

And TB-X304F is with lower specs:
[Chipset] Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm) (Wi-Fi/LTE model)
Qualcomm APQ8017 (Wi-Fi only model)
[CPU]Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53
[GPU]Adreno 306
_----
and now I`m not sure at all if my model will be ever supported.

Any plans to support Google Pixel Slate or Pixelbook?

5 Likes

By chance I discovered the Android app was available for my Maze Alpha mobile last night, will see how it copes pairing to my Elite Direto turbo and my Coospo H6 hrm later.

Just powered up my Nexus 7 2013 tablet, thinking the 8" diagonal screen might be better than the Alpha’s 6", but app isn’t available.

1 Like

Works well on my BlackBerry Motion, model BBD100-6 (dual sim) and Android 8.1 version.
Probably previous issues where already fixed with the latest updates.

Although, finding it not too comfortable to use on cell. phone due to very small screen size comparing to tablet or TV, but still good enough for usage when in gym or during traveling.
_—It could be very cool if we could use Companion app only for run/rude without any additional graphics of big screens. Such a solution could be really helpful during traveling or for those who don’t always need the full in-gaming experience

With February update to android beta, Is nvidia shield now an officially supported device? How does it compare to apple tv?

1 Like

Hi Steve!

Yeah, sadly the Nexus 7 is a tad too old :wink:

The Elite Direto works very well in our QA lab, and while we have not tested your specific device, it has the same SoC as others we’ve tested.

So please let us know, and thanks for trying the Beta!
-Will

Hi Carl,

The February update added Game Controller support, so you fully control the game with the joystick. (The remote support will take a while, and much like Apple TV, navigation will be a bit clumsy compared to other input devices)

There are people who have gotten the game running on their own - by side loading the files needed. It’s complicated. And it likely breaks our TOS, since we only officially host on Google Play, and have not yet made the files available via other means.

In terms of official support, where you can download it through Nvidia’s store, or via some other (non-convoluted, and approved) means, that is still a bit down the road, and we don’t have an official date. It’s likely months vs weeks. We have a fairly small (but growing) development team working on the game at large, and an even smaller one focused on Android.

I personally love the Shield, and did a few rides in our lab after getting the controller working, and it was really encouraging.

Shield vs Apple TV? If I’m using the game controller, I prefer the Shield.
Thanks for your patience and feedback.
-Will

1 Like

Dear Onno,

Thank you for pointing that out; I’ve corrected the supported device list.

NVIDIA SHIELD, Please makes this available on the SHIELD. It is more convenient and better equipped than any of the currently available devices.

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 works well, no problems at all.

1 Like

Hello Malcom,
I have read your support tickets in our customer portal, and reviewed your logs.
I see your issue started at with beta 33271 which we released Feb 11.
This is a key data point.
I can’t give a specific timeframe for resolving this issue, but getting Kickrs sorted out is our top priority. There is a forum post specifically for kickr resistance issues (as you may know)

Anyway, I wanted to thank you personally for submitting your info, and for your patience!
-Will

Hey.
I just got my new Galaxy S10 Exynos.
Things run really smooth, but the resolution looks like crap.
Is that something related to the new device? A bug, or is android resolution just really low no matter how good a device you have?

Thanks Will and keen to help you guys as much as possible to get this solved. Just let me know how I can help
Malcolm

LG G7 thinQ – seems to work well. Killed the battery in about 50 minutes from about 25%.with the phone plugged in. When started back up, zwift asked if wanted to resume - picked yes - but zwift restarted the workout.

The Zwift Companion app is available on my Samsung TAB E but not the app to ride or run. I’m looking forward to using it on my tablet because my iphone screen is too small to use.

So Samsung Tabs have been moved from “not CURRENTLY supported” to “Downloadable but NOT supported”.

Does this mean plans to support the tab line have been shelved indefinitely?

I know a lot of people bought the tab almost exclusively to run zwift under the impression that it would be inevitably be supported.

Bigger screen makes using your UI easier to use while riding.

1 Like

Motorola Moto G7 power runs zwift fine

1 Like

Is beta version available in one of this devices??
Sony xperia xa2 ultra
sony xperia xz premium

I’ve been running Zwift on my Samsung S7 edge for just over month. Apart from the odd connection issue with my Elite Turbo Muin Smart B+ everything has been fairly smooth. Until this week that is; I’ve had a few crashes of the app.

Zwift boots just fine, connects to trainer etc but then early in the ride the screen goes (Zwift) blue and flashes rapidly. This can happen a couple of times after restarting the app but will settle and run normally eventually.

This started happening after installing Android March security update this week.