Android 12 Zwift Companion app crash [3.32.0] [February 2022 ] [SOLVED]

Sadly this is not fully resolved.

If I click “Ride On” on notifications that my close connections are zwifting, the app crashes.

I cannot access the app via. Notifications.

The app did crash but it froze when I was riding this morning.

1 Like

you’re right- the new app worked the day it dropped but not since. i need to retract my “resolved” status. ive since moved to the connections to the laptop via bluetooth and a garmin ant+ adapter. the companion app for all intents and purposes is trash at this point, unfortunately.

1 Like

Not solved for me.

I’m still encountering this:

Symptom 2
Your Companion app may crash when it notifies you that someone you favorited started Zwifting.

I can’t give a Ride On from the notification, and today had an alert the Companion keeps crashing.

Companion version 3.32.1
Pixel 6 Pro
Android 12 build SQ1D.220105.007

3 Likes

Update on my last post. Like others have mentioned, the calendar/reminders still doesn’t work. As I mentioned before, Companion, while using an iPad 8 (OS 15.3) keeps closing during rides/workouts. During yesterday’s zFondo it did so 5 times. Although it reopens after 30 seconds give or take, it’s annoying - especially when trying to communicate. I know this isn’t Android per se, but I run Zwift on a Samsung Galaxy S10+ running Android 12 - Companion hasn’t worked consistently since 3 updates ago. FYI, everything runs on same network, 1gb speed. Everything else connects quickly and is stable, Companion not. Hope this helps in some way.

1 Like

Android 12 here. Issue persists on Samsung Galaxy S10. I get the notification of a friend zwifting but cannot press the Ride On button.

2 Likes

As with other posters, I get the notification that a friend is Zwifting but if I press “Ride On”, nothing happens. The app is not crashing.Going into the Companion app confirms that a Ride On has not been given.

Similarly, if I press on a different part of the notification that a friend is Zwifting (not the “Ride On”) nothing happens, expected (and previous) behaviour is to open the Companion app.

I.e. no actions are possible from the notification.

Also I am not receiving event reminders. I have them set to “always” and to be created 30 mins before events start and also to be exported to Google calendar.

App version 3.32.1(1323)
Pixel 4a
Android version 12 (Google Play system update 1 Jan 2022)

2 Likes

@shooj while this topic has been marked as resolved, this thread continues to be filled with reports of remaining issues which impact the usability of Android Companion. Are these issues acknowledged? and if so, is another update in the works? Thank-you.

1 Like

Zwift Companion 3.32.2 has just dropped on Android.

3 Likes

Fingers crossed…

1 Like

With 3.32.2, I can now give Ride Ons again from the notification bar and clicking on other parts of the notification opens the Companion App. That issue appears solved.

The issue with not getting event notifications remains unsolved.

App version 3.32.2(1328)
Pixel 4a
Android version 12 (Google Play system update 1 Jan 2022)

3 Likes

Hi @Marvin_Dorfler
An issue with event reminders being added to your calendar correctly is still being worked. Is that the one you’re talking about?

Or are you still crashing while attempting to add event reminders to your calendar? < The crashing should have been resolved?

@shooj yes - since this topic includes people experiencing a crash when adding a reminder, it was possible that fixing the crash would also fix the lack of reminders. The issue is not just that no event is exported to the system calendar (if that option is enabled), no Android reminder notification is generated directly from the Companion app. I will follow the existing topic “Companion app no longer adding events to Calendar” for that issue.

I am not getting crashes when joining an event and setting a reminder for it.

For me, the issues fixed in 3.32.2 from 3.32.1 are that the “Ride On” link is no longer broken in the notification that a friend was Zwifting and that clicking on other parts of the notification now takes me into the Companion app.

1 Like