AMD graphics artifacts/flickering since the 22.7.1 driver update?

Noticed earlier our gaming pc (i5-6600k, 16GB; RX580), not usually used to “play” Zwift, now goes all crazy.

I updated from something like 22.5.1 a couple of weeks back after seeing the claimed “big AMD OpenGL performace update” in the new drivers, after seeing the artifacts earlier today in 22.7.1 I updated to 22.8.1, but same issue.

No problems in-game with avatar in Makuri Electric Loop.

This seems to happen in the menu, after previewing one or two Pace Partner circuit routes (think I looked at Flat Triple Loops and Small Triple Loops), often triggering as the dot completes the loop on the preview map on the right of the screen.

Anyone else?

Avatar flickering is probably because you should now getting much better frame rates with the new driver. See workaround here: New launcher (1.0.51) causing stutter on Windows systems - #49 by Dave_ZPCMR

You won’t get it on Neokyo because you’re CPU bound which drops the frame rate right down. Can’t comment on any artefacting. You should have vsync enabled btw.

1 Like

Updates after 22.5.1 were problematic for me with Zwift. (I’m using RX470 and reverted back to 22.5.1)

My PC was crashing after a while along with stuttering. ( Low CPU Utilization - #6 by Paul_Southworth )

1 Like