Alpe du Zwift - Don't turn around mid-climb

(Norm Brandinger) #1

Completed the hillclimb last night.  During the ride I missed getting a picture of the Yeti crossing sign so I turned around, took the picture and continued up.

Unfortunately, I think that turning around caused switchback 11 to not complete (no star).  Pretty sure this messed up my achievement of completing the ride.  At the end of the ride, the counter showed 20/22.

Nope, no spinning prize wheel at the top.  It’s not a big deal for me (except for maybe missing out on the chance for a laser helmet). Expect some people to be pretty cranky about this bug.

(Tim Camden WBR (C)) #2

Do we get to Spin the wheel every time we climb?

(Gerrie Delport) #3

Hi Norm, 

I raised a ticket after the same happened to me, see the response.

Hi Gerrie,

Thanks for reporting this. Our QA team has also found this. They have also informed me that if you go to the beginning of that segment and complete without the u-turn, then your star will reappear.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Josie

Tim: I got the spinning wheel every time even while in workout mode, except the one time I made a U turn by mistake.

(Stuart Middlecoate) #4

Been up twice and got the spinning wheel on both occasions.  Got gloves and helmet so far

(Zee Kryder) #5

You cant make a uturn and continue in the timed section.

It is that way for every climb.

(Vince Kim) #6

do u get to spin if u complete adz as part of tour de watopia? (i didnt get a spin :()

(Stuart Middlecoate) #7

Me neither so I guess not.

(IB HammernAle) #8

I made the entire climb, but got no star for #3.