Allow Saves Without Exit

Ditto for this feature. Very inefficient to have to launch app, sign back in if you have several quick brick sessions to do. HR goes down, too much rest and time for this to be an effective training tool for multiple brick sessions.
Thx!

1 Like

I agree 100%

+1 for this one!

+1, again.

Yes please :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think this has been requested since 2016, so don’t hold your breath…

I’m new to Zwift and I just cannot use the interface.

• Exits after a ride
  • You must enter a ride to pair, but exit to fix a pairing problem, but this exits the app. WTF?
  • Cannot pair from the main menu (And by main menu, I mean the one that you see after pairing but before a ride)
  • Cannot change app settings from the main menu
  • Can’t really do anything from the main menu except start a ride

Please pay a usability company to fix the woeful flow of this program, then implement their recommendations. Maybe video an inexperienced user and ask them to “change the screen resolution”, or “Turn off the music”.

With all the new sign ups post Tour de France advertising, I’m sure there will be a lot of very confused new users out there now… at $15USD/m

6 Likes

Enjoy the discussion while we ignore the issue, classic zwift :crazy_face:

Please yes, also with the option to change sport without having to log out and in again too?

No you don’t - just press “A” on your keyboard, or click on the bottom left on the screen “MENU” button, from there you can go to settings or paring.

• but you were just in the paring screen and the next screen will be the ride screen and from there you can pair - I am a bit confused?
1 Like

You can already switch sports without the need to log out of Zwift, just go back to the pairing screen and select the other sport.

2 Likes

Does that work if you’ve already done a ride though? I’m my experience it changes your previous ride to a run or ignored your ride

Yes, and it should create 2 different .fit files.

Many people have used this feature without issue.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try again and see if it’s just me, I am a bit of a tech curse.

I have never had the need to pair from the pre ride screen, why would you need it, since the previous step was to pair? And in the next step you can pair when you start a ride.

It’s in case you make a mistake.

Remember, I am new to Zwift, so all the hidden complexities are not obvious. I find it non-intuitive.

E.g. I discovered that you can get back to the pairing screen from the pre-ride screen by clicking on the paired items box in the middle of the screen,which looks like information only and not clickable.

And “A” has no function on that screen.

What I want to do, ideally, is set up the system (change the avatar, screen settings, etc), then pick a course or workout and then ride. Not ride, then go to a menu, change options, then go back to the ride, then, if I decide I want to go to a workout, exit the program and start again.

It all seems back-to-front to me.

But I do really like the core functionality of Zwift. It’s terrific. Just frustrating to get started.

3 Likes

You will get used to it. There are not to many things to change every ride. After some time you get into a routine. Start zwift/ Pair/ Pick route, World or Workout/ Ride…1.5hours later / Save / shower.

Yes “A” is only an option from the ride screen.

What I do is I start to ride and while warming up I go to the Zwift “garage” to customize my avatar or change bikes. Most of the other settings does not need changing.

if you are riding and decide to do a workout you can just press “E” to go to the workout menu.

495 votes just on this one thread that started in 2018 and still no action from zwift (should be slow). Zwift we get it, you have a lot of cool new features in the pipeline and yes normally they are cool but really! I cannot think that having the ability to return to the ‘main’ screen at any time could be such a huge issue. It’s definitely not a theme, for sure not an epic and at best a single measly user story.

While the steering function is way cool I’m wondering how many feature requests you have received for this theme and yet it’s done. What am I missing here?

3 Likes

Having come back to Zwift for the winter, I’m reminded how much this lack of BASIC FUNCTIONALITY winds me up! It is really annoying/frustrating that Zwift continues to develop & enhance the platform, whilst ignoring something as simple as being able to save a ride without exiting the game! PLEASE SORT THIS ASAP!

3 Likes

Still nothing.
Poor sportmansship!:thinking:

1 Like

YES - get on with it.

1 Like