Allow Saves Without Exit

maybe the money? min max principle :slight_smile:

With almost 1200 votes does this thread show that no amount of user engagement actually transfers into in game improvement?

5 Likes

As many others have said, it is rather strange that such a basic feature was not present on day one, let alone many years later.

1 Like

Generally speaking, you can explore any bit of any map whenever you feel like it (choose a route based on a “spawn site” that is in the vicinity of the area you wish to explore and then manually intervene to go where you want).

The intention of the proposed “save without exit” feature is not that you can save mid-route, exit, and then “reconvene” on that same ride where you left off at a later date but instead is intended to allow one to swop between routes/worlds, saving each ride individually, without having to exit the game entirely.

If you are seeking to earn the route badges, these (correctly so) need to be earned by completing the route in a single ride - and I expect (hope) this will remain irrespective of when we eventually get the ability to save without exiting Zwift.

honestly the fact that people are begging over years for such a tiny feature is just A BIG JOKE!
every game today has a save option which prompts back to menu EVERY GAME.
what are you thinking about not fixing this?

a beta phase is doomed to have such bad features. but a full released game doesnt so is this game still beta? just fix it damn it.

the route achivement is also super buggy. cou cant earn route achievment during rides you most choose routes before “start” riding. WTF? why is there no option to select other routes (uneared achievements) during riding???

holy …

2 Likes

Save without exit should be a basic feature of the game.
I do understand the reasoning behind having to choose a route in order the earn the achievement badge. This is probably because some longer routes encompass several smaller routes, and would allow someone to earn multiple badges for riding one route. It would be logical however, to be allowed to earn more than one badge in one ride if you rode more than one complete route. Completing the “Figure Eight”, turning around and completing the “Figure Eight Reverse” should earn two route achievement badges.

1 Like

Please do not ask for new features as refusal often offends. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just gonna say +1. Just joined zwift, amazed at how this is not available :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Prepare to be astonished when it is still not available in another 4 years!

2 Likes

Hahahaha, you’re probably right seeing this is already +2 years in.

1 Like

+4 years in

1 Like

Hi,

Has anyone from Zwift ever stated why this issue/behavior occurs & is it an extremely high effort & man-hours to implement?
It’s GUBU (grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and unprecedented) that this behavior occurs.
Thanks,
Patrick.

1 Like

I think Eric mentioned it on the recent zwiftcast interview that this feature would be coming soon.

So file that with rowing, anti sandbagging, UI etc, etc!!!

Hopefully it will come soon. It causes so much discontent. Although Eric also stated on anther zwiftcast that he didn’t feel a high portion of riders actually really wanted this!!

We can live in hope

IIRC it was mentioned on an old Zwiftcast episode with Jon Mayfield; one of the platforms would randomly crash too often for their liking when swapping worlds. Seem to recall it was one of the Apple platforms.

He mentions i about once a year, usually on the thanksgiving ride.

Just to keep the hope alive

3 Likes

i guess he never played Zwift.
Coming soon lol this was said about 4 years ago.
Coming soon :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :see_no_evil:

For them to even suggest that core players / users don’t want this feature is a embarrassment to those working at Zwift.

This is the number one feature request that goes completely ignored.

It’s terrible and if there was better competition users wouldn’t put up with it and move.

3 Likes

I for one don’t mind that you can’t save without exit. In over 5 years of Zwifting I never needed it. Pick a world and route and ride till breakfast. If the route get boring I make a manual turn.

2 Likes

if you ride 30 to 60 min ok.
30 to 60 min is recovery for me.
i ride a minimum of 3 h a day.

love to switch races and groups and thus switch about 2 to 3 times a day if the races or groups are interesting.

in some cases you ask yourself:
how long did they test it? why didnt the testers report these missbehavior or unhandy stuff? they must have reported it so if they made a report why didnt they fix it?
did they fix anything the last years? what was new in the last years? which features? in why so little new features?
are those feature mostly of cosmetically nature like new routes, new worlds, new outfits or what? if yes there is a tendency that hardcoded stuff has been skipped for whatever reason and yes hardcoded stuff is very rare?

You can always change the world and route with a meet-up, no need to exit.
Yes, it is a workaround, but I can live with it.
It also makes it possible to ride in all worlds, not only Watopia and the scheduled two.