All in favor say aye!

This is a little weird but I thought I’d share it lol. Sooo, what if there was a new category! I mean like there is a helmet category… keeps u from cracking your noggin open… uh anyway! So, THATS safe… so why not add a mask?:smirk: It ALSO keeps u safe. Lol, it was just a crazy idea so all in favor to this crazy idea say aye :joy:

Cheers,

Liz🤪

Well… I never see anyone’s face on Zwift, so how about a “I’ve been vaccinated” jersey instead?

1 Like

Says it all

3 Likes

True, I thought about that but it should also have a dude with a mask on the back. :roll_eyes::joy:

Where’s the downvote…

4 Likes

ouch…lol i hope there isn’t one here! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I dont think we need to be requesting weird features . Zwift seem to come up with more than enough to go round for us unaided . :rofl:

That said this whilst this is not really weird and I understand that it would be nice to be able to demonstrate social responsibilty pershaps , probably just an area I guess zwift might be advised to not step into , where does it end with making real life political statements in game in these times might not end well as you would like. Like everything else , you have space in your name or profile to tag some information , maybe just use that .

2 Likes

Agreed - I would like to think that most people would prefer if Zwift kept away from virtue signaling (we’ve got politicians, celebrities and sportspersons to do that).

2 Likes

Id much rather not be reminded of the troubles of the outside world while on Zwift

5 Likes

Sorry…maybe so.

NAY!

There’s nothing to stop your wearing of a mask (and gloves?) while Zwifting. And you can shout that fact out to others nearby by using the messaging function. Submit an “I wear a mask while Zwifting” jersey design to HQ.

Healthcare professionals generally recommend against wearing a mask whilst exercising, especially those (a significant portion of the population) individuals affected by lung disease, such as asthma or COPD, other respiratory or heart disease, and should be evaluated by a healthcare provider before attempting exercise with any mask.

Wearing a mask while exercising impedes performance. Even the most breathable masks decrease airflow, making it harder to breathe. Professional athletes wear devices over their noses to enhance respiration, not impede? Let’s keep the virtue signalling from invading each other’s thoughts whilst engaged in pursuing personal fitness goals in the privacy of our own spaces.

2 Likes

Just say no to this request. Just Say No. I need a facepalm gif.

2 Likes

Covid power-up where your avatar gets sick and stops pedaling for 15 seconds.
Also, everyone drafting you gets affected too.

3 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think Liz point was to bring a political debate.
There’s loads of games with open world where they have added face masks with different designs.

Sorry but some of you here are far too serious and can’t take any humor in.

5 Likes

Thank you! Yes im sorry if i did bring an argument here. i wasn’t trying to… i only wanted a little humor. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well I have to say that much to my chagrin it appears that Zwift couldn’t keep from doing something that most objected to, because I’m seeing riders with face coverings now.

In the real world no person with an ounce of common sense is going to cycle (or run) in a mask, they ALL restrict airflow. I honestly wish that Zwift would keep their own virtue signaling out of the game, that others are paying for.

And sorry…the retreat to you just can’t take a joke is unconvincing in light of how this very issue has become just a divisive topic.

Where?!.

1 Like