After quitting Zwift, notification that some devices are still connected via Bluetooth [SOLVED]

Did you see the solution accepted by original poster? If you get these notifications, you can easily dismiss them by going to the Notification Center, long press the notification, and choose “Disconnect Devices”.

Glad you have a solution that works for you. There other methods to dismiss the notifications in this forum thread which you may prefer.

I just ran up a warranty replacement Flux 2 smart trainer this evening having not being able to train for the past 3 weeks and experienced this exact same problem after closing everything down properly. About 10-15 minutes post ride the message came up on my iPhone 7! This combined with the Garmin Dual HRM not showing my heart rate on Zwift, anymore (it was fine until late November/early December 2020) despite being connected makes me suspect there are things going on with the Zwift program!

Technology can be very frustrating when it isn’t working properly.

Regarding notifications, please see post #7 on this thread to determine if the notification you receive is intended behavior or not.

Regarding your Garmin dual HRM (I have one of these myself) connecting to Zwift but not producing any output. You could also search the forum here and see if other users are reporting the same behavior around the same time. You could also try to simplify the issue by using the same device with other apps that display Bluetooth HRM device values. If other apps connect and display values and Zwift does not, then it would certainly appear that the problem is with Zwift.

I’ve been experiencing this general issue as well, but I’ve gotten some solution here on the forums that have helped. I had no idea I could long-press the notification to get the “Disconnect” option! But… we shouldn’t have to come to the forums to find this.

I’m a software engineer myself and I obsess about the user experience. One of my pet peeves is when I tap on a notification, the related app opens, but there’s nothing obviously related to the context of the notification. What am I supposed to do? Did something happen? How can I check?

Zwift folks: your app is awesome and I love it! To help make this experience smoother, please consider adding a button, or some other UI affordance, on the initial screen to let us take action on this. Perhaps something along the lines of “Force disconnect Bluetooth devices”, or “Ensure Bluetooth devices disconnected”, etc. (Well, those strings are too long, especially in German, but you understand what I’m getting at.)

If the devices get disconnected in the background once we get to the login screen, that’s better than nothing, but without something to let the user know that that’s happened we’re left wondering and scratching our heads. There’s no reason for us to think our problem is solved.

Thanks for everything you’ve done so far, and keep up the good work!

For folks who’s Apple Watch never quits Zwift, it keeps resurrecting when force-quit, and it drains your battery, there’s a workaround over on this thread:

https://forums.zwift.com/t/the-zwift-companion-is-never-terminated-on-apple-watch/519469

1 Like

I have the same issue after using Zwift I get a noification about Bluetooth bing still connected then mu ipad keeps shutting down

Thanks a ton for posting this! The notifications were driving me up a wall ha

I also still see this notification.

Notifications continuing as of today (After my workout I wait until it sends me back to the login screen). I’m running up to date software versions on Zwift, iOS, Wahoo Kickr Core, Companion App and Apple Watch.

Work-around holding down on the notification works, but its still a pain in the ass. There has to to be a better way to improve the user experience.

Otherwise I’m loving Zwift for my workouts.

For folks who scroll straight to the bottom to start with the latest post, please take a look at post #7 in this thread. Short version: Go to Notification Center, long-press the Zwift notification and choose “Disconnect Devices”.

For those of you who are happy to find there’s a work-a-round, but not happy there should be one in the first place, we hear you. Work is being done that should result in better app notification behavior in our mid-February release.

With the new behavior, when the app is suspended with devices still connected for more than a few minutes, the app will attempt to automatically disconnect all devices in use by Zwift. In most cases, this should work without having to notify the user at all. Only if the app is unsuccessful in this attempt will the user receive a notification.

Thank you for including the detail about using the Apple Watch. Were you using the Apple Watch for heart rate monitoring?

@Mike.W, I just sent a new set of logs to Support after they kindly reached out to confirm that the issue was fixed. Unfortunately, it still happens every day after the most recent update. Im using iOS and no apple watch. Support has just asked me to reinstall Zwift which I have just done so not sure if that will help. Anyway, I hope the new log files help you run this one down.

Thanks,

Sara. Ride On !

@Mike.W, I can confirm reinstalling Zwift didnt help. The message just popped up again and there is nothing turned on as far as equipment.

Thanks,

I have been having this issue too. I dont really mind though, I just notice the notification sometimes after I log off and swipe up on the app. It occurs slightly after I log off though

When can we expect the update?

I’m using my Apple series 4 watch for heart rate monitoring.

Chris, just a heads up - maybe don’t put your cellphone number in a public forum.

Gang - this bug fix is in the next game release dropping later today.

Thanks for all your hard work!