After quitting Zwift, notification that some devices are still connected via Bluetooth [SOLVED]

Hey it was worth it to get pre notification of a new game release. Sweet :rofl:

Ride on!

2 Likes

Hi @Mike.W, @shooj. After downloading the update my iPad Pro is completely bricked in that it can’t find any Bluetooth devices in zwift . I’ve reset iPad to no avail. My other iPad I usually use for companion worked fine. I also tested the wahoo app in my bricked iPad and it finds my devices fine. Help running out of debug ideas.

Sara

I’ve also tried completely deleting and reinstalling app and it still can’t find anything. Bluetooth turned on and confirmed zwift can access everything .

I am having the same problems @shooj @Mike.W I tried on PC too and it didn’t work. PLease help!!!

@shooj, @Mike.W, Okay, so I found a solution for iOS and one I would never recommend. First I completely erased my bricked iPad. Then I restored it from the iPad that was working . Now it finds my devices. However , the delightful notification is still going strong and has not been fixed after the update.

Hope this helps someone.

Ride On,

Sara Lance.

Did you just delete the app or completely erase the ipad? I tried deleting the app and nothing happened. I guess I lost my records for nothing…

Oliver, I had to erase my iPad . But I used my other iPads backup for the restore not it’s own as the other iPad had a working Bluetooth in zwift. I might have tried restoring an old backup from prior to yesterday if that had not worked. Hope this helps ,

Ride On,

Sara Lance

Very sorry for the surprise “Not able to pair on iPad Pro” issue, folks. Please do not wipe your iPads. A patch should be coming as soon as Monday 1/26/2021.

Regarding iOS notifications continuing to pop up. There was a lot of work done testing the new iOS notification behavior and subsequently, the changes didn’t make into Friday’s release (1/22/2021).

As mentioned in my post above (01/20/2021), expected release date for this better iOS notification behavior is mid-February.

I’m sure by now, you are all pros at long-pressing the notifications in Notification Center and choosing “Disconnect Devices”. Thank you for your patience for another few weeks.

1 Like

Thank you all for your patience. We just released a new iOS version on the Apple Store.

My changes for better notifications on iOS are in this new version. Please feel free to let me know if there are any remaining iOS notification issues after updating with the new build.

Thanks!!!

I am running Zwift 1.15.1 (75994). The Zwift app displays a notification badge (1 notification). I must have previously cleared all notifications in the Notification Center, because I can’t find the notification to long-press and “Disconnect”. Would you have any guidance about how I can clear that notification? If I turn off notifications for Zwift in the iOS settings, the badge goes away, but upon re-enabling notifications, the badge still appears.

Thanks!

Hi @David_Buckingham, the badge is meant to alert users Zwift may still be running in the background with a BLE exercise device connected.

If you open Zwift, then “force close” the app, the badge should go away.

By “force close” I mean:

• Press the Home button once to suspend Zwift and return to Home screen
  • Then press the Home button twice in a row to show all suspended apps (Zwift should be in the list)
  • Then swipe the Zwift app up off the screen, which should remove it from the list of suspended apps.

Please let me know if you still have a badge after performing the above steps.

Thank you for your reply!

After “force closing” Zwift, I still see the badge on the app. I have closed all running/suspended apps.

Any others ideas to try?

Thanks again!

David

I imagine uninstalling/re-installing Zwift would be a sure fire way to remove the badge, but it would remove your other settings (you would have to re-enter e-mail and password and set up your preferences again).

I would be interested to know what exercise hardware you typically use with Zwift. Could an Apple Watch be involved?

I will try to uninstall and reinstall later this evening.

Here is my setup:

• iPad Pro
  • iOS v14.6
  • Zwift v1.15.1 (75994)
  • TRUE Performance 800 Treadmill (connected via BT for Speed)
  • Garmin Forerunner 945 (connected via BT for HR and Cadence)

We purchased the treadmill in Sept 2020 and I have always had trouble getting Zwift and the P800 connected. It seems that there is a very precise order of actions that need to take place. I’m returning to running from injury, and am a bit rusty on the process, but I believe that in order to get a good connection, I would first have to launch Zwift, and begin the pairing process before ever attempting to connect the P800. If I try to first launch the pairing process on the P800 before Zwift is ready, it seems that I can get into a state where by I can never get them connected, even after restarting the iPad and even power-cycling the treadmill.

Maybe it’s because the Zwift/iPad believe that it’s already connected when it’s not???

Not sure…

Any guidance about the badge and how best to reliably and repeatedly connect Zwift to the P800 would be appreciated!

I’ll let you know what I find after uninstalling/reinstalling Zwift.

If I try to first launch the pairing process on the P800 before Zwift is ready, it seems that I can get into a state where by I can never get them connected…

By pairing process, are we talking about touching the Mobile App Pair button on the Treadmill Connectivity Screen ? It’s my understanding this should make the Treadmill visible to Zwift.

One thing that can get in the way of that is if a different app that has paired to the Treadmill before grabs the connection before Zwift. This could happen if someone connected to the Treadmill using an app like Wahoo Fitness App and then left the app running in the background on the iPad or on a smart phone with Bluetooth enabled.

This is one of the most frustrating aspects of Bluetooth (some previous device grabbing the Bluetooth connection before the desired device connects) and it can take some detective work to figure out what device grabbed the connection.

If I understand you correctly, you touch the Mobile App button, but the P800 appear does not appear as a Runspeed device in Zwift (with Zwift Pairing Screen sport set to Run)? I just want to make sure I’m understanding the issue.

First Mike, thank you for your time! I appreciate your responsiveness and willingness to help me!

I uninstalled/reinstalled the Zwift app on my iPad and found that the notification badge has disappeared! I know that it’s minor, but just annoying that I couldn’t figure out how to clear it myself. In the future I’ll be sure to long-press and disconnect the notification, rather than simply clearing it.

As for the pairing: yes, I touch the Mobile App button on the P800, but the treadmill never shows up in the list on Zwift. When I press the Mobile App button, a window on the treadmill opens reading “From your compatiable fitness app, pair your device to: …” What’s interesting, and I’ll try my best to describe this, is that when Zwift is searching, eventually the window on the treadmill will disappear and the Bluetooth logo, similar to: ((( B ))), will appear next to the Mobile App button. This would seem to tell me that it’s connected.

To your point, maybe it’s connecting to a different device in the house, however I’m uncertain of what device that could possibly be: I’ve only ever connect it to my iPad. Is there a way to determine if it’s connected to a device, and to which device? (I recognize that this is a treadmill question and not a Zwift-specific question, I appreciate your paitence).