Add missing wattage columns to our ZP Activities

We keep coming back to this same topic. Zwift bills itself as a billion dollar software company, they shouldnt have 3 people doing all of their dev work.

It wont be the same people who are doing world design doing data integration (probably). As i said, you can contract people ,to deliver specific niche needs. Its not that difficult to hire specific people to deliver things you dont have time to… Hell, its basically what they did with WTRL.

1 Like

I’m sure they could spend some of their vast resources on being able to provide data that should be freely available for users to see without the need for a third party and why cant they do both things at once? improve the game and improve the metrics that are visible for users, just need a bit of time and investment, ah yeah now I see where I’ve gone wrong, means spending money

@Lee_H As I gather there is currently someone working on ZP as you saw with the recent changes, but there time will be more valuable to get ZP in to Zwift as a core product rather than adding stuff that need to be moved later again. But I don’t know the road map. If I can choose one thing to add to ZP then it will be CP and MAP. but that should probably be on the Companion app or Zwift profile.

You have a good point, Zwift should add $10pm for the data analysis part and have something similar to Strava. :rofl:

1 Like

well no your sarcasm misses the point, strava allows you to record from multiple different sports and shows you metrics for those different sports, zwift is either cycling or running or for some people both, those metrics should be available to users as not everyone uses strava and why should someone who uses zwift exclusively need to use a third party to be able to see their metrics? its now several months down the line for cat enforcement and we are nowhere nearer seeing CP or relevant data on zwiftpower for 60 days

its been nearly 2 years since zwift acquired zwiftpower, in that time they have done exactly didly squat to integrate it into zwift apart from give it a slight interface overhaul which messed up the formatting and screen estate for many users

1 Like

So you want Zwift to develop something that can do less than strava does. :rofl:

That is the good thing about this feature request topic, This give them ideas to see where to do more work.

Its a really odd train of thought… Why do think TrainerRoad went the way they did with analytics?
Its an added draw for the customer base to drop their other products (Strava, TP etc) and have all their content and data within your eco-system - This keeps users long term as they dont want to move away from that all in one solution.

Not to mention, its going to be needed for the CP\MAP discussions that are around the corner.

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone really knows how much or little work there’d be. I do think that probably all the numbers are getting crunched already for CE needs. So possibly(?) it’s just minimal effort to copy over the same display grid from the Profile tab to the Activities tab. Does AWS do all the data crunching anyway (not Zwift)?

Trainer road is about Training and data, imagine they stopped al development on the data analysis and started a game engine.

Also, a bit of a side question… does this Column filtering work for anyone in their ZP profile, and/or is it supposed to be changeable? This would be nice if this also worked, but maybe I’m doing something wrong.

it’s displaying data from its own product why should a user need a third party piece of software to view this data?

are you now saying because its a “game” it doesn’t need to be giving much data analysis to the user?

You can add or remove columns from there, the one thing that is borked about that UI is you cannot select the checkbox area, you need to select the text area for some reason for it to check/uncheck.

I dont really need to imagine, as people do different jobs simultaneously…

Is Zwift/Zwiftpower not about training & data?

I would say no Zwift is not about data, Zwift is the program that make generating that Data Fun.

I’m not going into this, Zwift can do what they want I have no say in what is important.

doh! thanks! I was of course was trying to click in the little boxes.

Unfortunately perhaps. Zwift responded in post #2 so really I suppose none of this discussion mattered?

Lots of things he doesn’t personally see the benefits in when things get suggested

1 Like