ABSA Cape Epic Workout Series

Hi Michael. I have Android and if I click on the graph then a new page is opened and the workout details are shown.

This feature should be available for IOS according to this release note: Zwift Companion Release: August 1 (2.4.0 iOS, Android)

Best thing would be to check if you have the latest app version and then contact Zwift Support if this is a IOS related problem and by when they will fix / make it available.

Any chance someone have Training #13 and #14 from last week?

I have all others screeshot if someone needs.

thanks

Ok, I found a rider who did both last week, so I confirm that it’s possible to see the training with Companion (iOS). So now I have all of them on screenshot. Thanks

1 Like

Zwift provides now a download link with the workout files. You find the download link here: https://zwift.com/epic

The workouts will be available in-game soon!

1 Like

The ABSA Cape Epic workouts are now available with the latest update. Look out for workout section Mountain Bike.

@Vincent_Williams1: thanks again to Zwift HQ for making this happen!

This is great, but the workouts are just posted as workout #1, #2, etc. Is there any guidance as to what the proper scheduling should be? Am I supposed to do these just in straight order and something like every M-W-F or something?

I’m thinking something like the ODZ FTP Challenge Plan (Zwift workouts: Zwift Fitness FTP Challenge | What's on Zwift?) where it lists out the plan for each week, calling out which workout to do that week.

The ABSA Cape Epic workouts were done as a group workout following the numbers from 1-16.
If you follow the workouts with the correct FTP then you will notice that the workouts will get more difficult over time :wink:.

The workouts were scheduled each Tuesday and Thursday. In addition it is expected that you do on the weekends some long rides with Z2 intestity. In total it’s a 8 week plan. If you want to use the workouts prior to a specific event then you should add another 1-2 weeks at the end for travelling and tapering.

Hope this helps, Patrick.

1 Like

Thanks, @Matthias_Urech_Nidib. The Tues-Thurs + Weekend is exactly what I was looking for. It actually works out real well with my “real life” schedule, too, so that’s great.