About the Feature Requests category

What I think would be great is to be able to plan a route prior to riding so that you can customize your mileage, altitude gained, and not worry about missing a turn.

1 Like

I think you need to reduce the importance of weight in overall performance until you have a system for verifying weight. Perhaps just have 4 categories of weight for males and females. Something like this for Males: Flyweight (<59kg); Lightweight (60-69kg); Average (70-79kg); Clydesdale (80-89kg); Super Clydesdale >90kg. Base all the physics on a single value for each category.

Hallo Hans-Peter
Ich hab ein Taurus 9.9 (2018).
Seit einer Woche kann ich die Geschwindigkeit von meinem Laufband weitergeben über ein Android Smartphone. Quasi als Bridge vom Bluetooth Signal vom Laufband in das Signal für ZWIFT.
Ein cleverer Programmierer hat mein Laufband in seine App eingebunden und es funktioniert super. Geht im Moment jedoch nur über Android und dann mit ANT an meinen Laptop.
Zuvor hatte ich die Geschwindigkeit nur über einen Footpod und die war immer ungenau. Vorteil war jedoch, dass ich ZWIFT mit dem Ipad nutuen konnte. Nun nehme ich halt den Laptop.
Hier die Page zum App:

Einfach Kontakt aufnehmen zum Entwickler. Er ist sehr proaktiv.
Grüsse Reto

Hallo zurück Reto,
das ist ja eine sehr positive Überraschung nach so relativ langer Zeit! Danke fürs Echo.
Seit fast einem Jahr bemühe ich mich um das Funktionieren von Kinomap via Hotline und Taurus-Support. Es war eine recht frustrierende Wegstrecke, jetzt läuft’s einigermaßen. Auch “Treadmill TV” bietet eine Zwischenlösung, allerdings ohne automatische Interaktion.

Das ZWIFT-Footpod hatte ich wegen chronischen “Wackelkontakts” schweren Herzens zurückgeschickt.
Und nun habe ich ein paar Verständnisschwierigkeiten.
Also soweit ich’s kapiert habe

• kaufe ich mir ein ANT+ Dongle
  • schließe es an meinen Windows Laptop an
  • und könnte dann mittels der speziellen App über mein Android-Smartphone via Bluetooth (BLE) zum Taurus-Laufband kontakten.
  • Ein Footpod erübrigt sich.

Das wäre wunderbar.
LG Hans-Peter

Hallo Hans-Peter

Ich hab auch schon einiges ausprobiert. :joy:
Zuerst mit dem Brustgurt von „Wahoo Tickr X“.
Der sendet Puls, Speed und Laufkadenz an Zwift.
Geschwindigkeit ist jedoch sehr ungenau.

Danach hab ich noch den Foodpod von Polar gekauft. Verbindung hat damit immer sauber funktioniert, jedoch war der speed immer noch ungenau (aber genauer als mit dem Pulsgurt von Wahoo)!
Dies hab ich dann immer über das ipad gemacht.

Mit der ErgoP App ist die Verbindung zum Laufband wie von dir beschrieben.
Laufband zu Android-Gerät, und dann zum Windows/PC plus GarminANT dongle.

Resultat: sehr genaue Geschwindigkeit in Zwift

BTW: Kinomap läuft bei mir gut. Da ist positiv, das die App auch das Laufband steuern kann.
Aber mit der Kinomap-Software werde ich irgendwie einfach nicht so Glücklich!

ZWIFT steuert jedoch generell keine Läufbander. Da gibt es in Workouts nur Aufforderungen über den Bildschirm, die Geschw. zu wechseln.

Wunsch wär natürlich immer noch den Speed und die Elevation direkt an Zwift zu senden, resp. dass Zwift das Signal übernimmt. Und der Wunschtraum wär dann noch, dass die Steuerung des Laufbandes direkt von Zwift übernommen wird.

Gruss
Reto

Reto, nochmal ich:
danke für deine ausführliche Botschaft.
Da ich dich dabei als engagierten Forschergeist erlebe, wage ich es dich mit weiteren eineinhalb Fragen zu behelligen.

Es klingt für mich durch, als ob Kinomap bei dir sowohl Geschwindigkeit als auch Steigung rückkoppelt, d.h. dein Laufband reagiert automatisch auf die auf dem Bildschirm angezeigten Streckenabschnitte?
Ich bin nach fast einem Jahr mühsamer Korrespondenz schon froh, dass seit kurzem die simple Synchronisation beim Start funktioniert, d.h. Film ab >>> Laufband setzt sich in Bewegung.
Sicher wird dir nicht entgangen sein, dass Kinomap vor nicht allzu langer Zeit eine Beta-Version seiner Software anbietet. Sie ist aber unbefriedigend intuitiv. Ich bleibe zunächst bei der alten.

Der Taurus-Monitor besitzt ja einen beschränkten Internet-Zugang, außerdem eine USB-Buchse. Hat hier der/das ANT+ Dongle keine Chance?
Wenn nicht: Benötigt man den Umweg über den Windows10-Laptop oder könnte man den/das Dongle mittels USB A/C Adapter auch direkt ans Android-Smartphone (ANT+ Treiber vorhanden) anschließen?
Mir kommt es eigentlich primär darauf an, dass sich mein ZWIFT-Avatar in Bewegung setzt. Bis jetzt verharrt er nur unruhig am Straßenrand…

LG Hans-Peter

Let’s get some target power graphs for workouts rather than just the power output when working out. Part of the reason we Zwift is for the visual stimuli, but it seems like placing the output targets on the left-hand side of the screen gobbles up some of the virtual world’s aesthetics. Why not allow us to toggle between output graphs, target power graphs, or combination overlays? One thing to consider would be to center the target power graph on the bottom of the screen. This will give the benefit of knowing what power you’ve done previously, but it’ll be a MUCH better representation of upcoming intervals. Leave the actual metrics like HR, power, cadence and speed where they are near the top.

1 Like

Completely agree Tim. The other aspect for me is that my partner uses the bike very infrequently so it would not make sense for her to have her own account.

It should work like Netflix/Spotify where you can only have one person on one account at one time - but there should be the option to have multiple avatars on one account.

Zwift’s approach on this seems unfriendly.

It has been raised previously but… i would love to see support for concept 2 rowers and skiergs. They can have their own in-game ‘row bike’ and skis - and can then workout next to everyone else!

Bianchi bikes in the game please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Towards the end of KOM, show gap with final time closest to our estimated arrival time instead of current time.

Right now, towards the end of a KOM, Zwift shows you who had finish his climb at this exact momentof our climb. This is kind unrelevant and not encouraging to be told « hey, look, this guy was done at this moment of your climb, but you are still struggling. Then also this rider… And this one too…».

Zwift should show us the rider who finished close to our current estimated time. It would feel like racing this person and pushing harder would show us climbing in estimated ranking. It would be so much more motivating.

1 Like

I’m relatively new to cycling and especially to Zwift.
I’m currently doing the FTP builder training plan. On the companion app dashboard is a power gauge which shows you in which power range you have to cycle in order to receive a star for the current section of the workout. Since I tend to have OCD, l look at he companion app all the time in order to get that star for the workout section instead of enjoying the scenery of Zwift on the screen.
Would it be possible to add some sort of power gauge with the target power range to the HUD? It could be a vertical bar so it does not take up too much space.
Thanks!

please please please display average speed! how annoying that is such a basic element and motivator!

1 Like

Hi Zwift,

My mate and I just discussed it would be very convenient to be able to choose a bike setup from the level of Zwift Companion App. Or to simply select one of custom configurations e.g. climbing or aero setup at the beginning of the ride. This would prove particularly useful while changing your mind about an event to join (flat race instead of climbing Alpe, or other way around :wink: ) while you’re already warming up, your computer is outside your reach but companion app is right in front of you.

Ride on!

2 Likes

Ultra graphics setting for GTX1650 please. Was a bit disappointing to upgrade from a 1050Ti to this (had to get low profile for small form factor PC so was only upgrade option on offer), and then to have to take a resolution drop!! Many thanks in advance.

I would like to see the badge totals split so,that cyclists can get 107/107 and runners can get 21/21 for 100% completion.

There’s a whole thread about it, but being able to use kickr climb in workouts/erg mode would be just fantastic.

1 Like

Please open “meet ups” to allow anyone to join and it have the option to be invite only.
It is overly complicated and confusing for people.
Thank you!
-Dklein

I would like to request a space themed world. Maybe Mars or something. I’m sure your imagination is better than mine :wink:

2 Likes

I love the mtb level. Please make more levels. The steering works well but i would pay money for a front wheel steering sensor. Maybe even a mtb level builder like in the old PlayStation games. It was just pure fun! I did have a few of my buddies tricked for a minute when I sent them a screen shot of the Redbull unchained mtb game.

Im brand new to zwift on a hammer trainer but its been absolutely awesome being able to qyeitly get some real miles in at night while the kids are sleeping. Keep up the good work!

1 Like