50% Price Hike?

(Bobby Jae) #1

Is anyone else surprised about this? How can they raise the monthly fee 50%??

I’m a casual user and it’s almost not worth it now…

(Paul Allen) #2

If you are a current user the $10 monthly fee is locked in for a year.

BTW, for what I get in return I think the $14.99 monthly subscription will be worth it, it will also help in improving Zwift over the long haul.

(Will Simpson C) #3

It’s a 64% price increase for those of us in the U.K. Given how busy Zwift is now I’m very surprised by this price hike. I’ll certainly not be using my subscription except in the winter months from now on.

(Bobby Jae) #4

14.99 a month is not much if you use it a lot. For the casual user (only when it’s bad weather, etc.), it makes the decision harder.

I may have to subscribe only in the winter as well.

(Cheech Albanese) #5

I think the price hike is shocking, and that brings us back to the point is why in the UK we have to pay 30% more than the USA? It is not like they have to pay for offices here in the UK or UK wages? I for one will not be keeping my membership open all year round and only have it for three or four months of winter. I can understand by raising the prices by 10% or 20% but by 50% raise just wreaks of greed? If there really are so many more people using it, why raise it so much? Surely if they are earning more money from more people, there is not this crazy need to raise the price by so much?

(Peter ostrowski) #6

Yeah, this is a bad time for the price hike with Christmas coming and a lot of trainer gifts this might give people pause about signing up or even buying a trainer. For causal users $15 is too much

Maybe zwift should add discounted 6 month & 1 year pricing? 

(Bobby Jae) #7

I agree 50% is way too much. What about a tiered rate for those that do not use it multiple times a week?

(James Beran) #8

I’ve kept mine running all year even though I didn’t use it much in summer, but stuff paying that much for occasional use. Shall be cancelling as soon as the summer bike comes out.

(Nigel Doyle) #9

Too much for me once this is converted to NZ dollars. I’ll keep going until the new price kicks in then decide whether to cancel my membership.

(Matthias Schouten) #10

Just thought the same. However for me it is even almost 80% more. I live in Germany and my current fee is $10, but in Euros it is 8.49€. The Email that I received they stated that the fee would be 14,99€… which would be $17.65

from my point of view 10€ would be OK, but more … idk… may not be worth it or only in the winter month.

(Ray Ruyack) #11

It is a big jump…

Please tell us what’s coming to soften the financial blow…

(Rich Cole) #12

Where I live, Zwift pricing will almost double from $10 to $18.99. That’s a 90% increase. Clearly the monopoly man is now in charge. 

(Curt Yamamoto) #13

My wife and I both Zwift and have separate accounts. We will discontinue after the price increase takes effect. I cut my TV cable company and will cut other services with large price hikes. 

(Jason Mack) #14

I think by next year this time Zwift should consider offering a discounted annual membership…perhaps one that aligns to the previous monthly pricing x 12 months.  That may not look good for members signing up from today onward though…

(James Beran) #15

That other service you can get for $99 a year is starting to look attractive, also they bill that in dollars and don’t do Zwift’s add on an extra 20%+ for no reason.

(Ian Brewer) #16

The price hike is a big one especially in the UK. I don’t mind so much if it’s invested in the game with new courses etc but like others I think I’ll be cancelling in the summer.

They should do what Strava does & make it cheaper if you pay for an annual subscription rather than pay every month.

(Jasson Thomley) #17

I am SO surprised so many people are complaining about this!  For me, if not for Zwift I wouldn’t ride much at all in the winter.  If you are using Zwift 3-4 time a week or so, so its not worth a dollar (US) a ride?   seriously?  And you guys with power meters, $4k and more bikes and all the gear.

They are offering an awesome product, and want to improve.  I’m happy for that, thanks Zwift.  

Yeah, I just sign up for the winters months,  bikes are ment to be ridden outside!

jt

(Peter ostrowski) #18

>i am SO surprised so many people are complaining about this!  For me, if not for Zwift I wouldn’t ride much at all in the winter.  If you are using Zwift 3-4 time a week or so, so its not worth a dollar (US) a ride?   seriously?  And you guys with power meters, $4k and more bikes and all the gear.

There used to be a time were you would pay 1 time fee for a program and could use it an unlimited amount of time. $15 a month that’s $180 a year! I understand cost with servers and bandwidth but those are cheap and there’s costs with supporting different gear (but that expands their potential market) and so far they are releasing 1 new area a year. 

Sorry but every company just thinks “its on a few bucks a month” well now everything is only a few bucks a month and people have to pick and choose. They should be lowering the price to get more users in, they need to scale.

(Mark Wilson DVCC) #19

I love Zwift and will continue to use it but 50%! It seems just greedy, the email does soften the blow by fixing for a year (thanks) but it also says I can enjoy the new developments, but only if you’re level 10 or above! Grrrrr

(bud kuenzli) #20

I’m in the group that didn’t bother cancelling in summer - for my account or my wife’s account. We rode 6 months on Zwift so yeah…we’ll try to remember to cancel next summer regardless of the price change. It is humorous how people who didn’t bother cancelling are complaining. I’m happy to pay a bit more but in turn I expect the development of new areas to explore.