42 second KOM?? Really?

People doing these unrealistic segment times or flying round the island wouldn’t put me off subscribing but it is a bit annoying. Maybe everyone should have some of their ‘best’ power figures shown beside their name? If 1,5 and 20 minute figures were shown then anything a lot higher would show up.

I don’t know about other smart trainers but the Computrainer is pretty accurate if you calibrate every ride. I have checked mine against power meters a few times and they were almost identical. Slightly lower figures than a friends Vectors and the same as anothers Powertap.
I think we will just have to put up with it though as most potential customers will not have either a powermeter or ‘smart’ trainer and will have to rely on Zpower.
My biggest problem is that I want to jump on every chance I get and struggle to stick to a recovery pace as it is just so much fun doing efforts on the different sections or even keeping pace with other riders.

I’m happy with my numbers from my Kickr unit… I check the calibration with the calibration kit occasionally and compare with my Garmin Vectors and Stages as well. If anything my Kickr reads slightly lower…

There needs to be a flag ride/rider once enough flags are made the ride goes down and the rider can’t set KOMs/Sprints until they get their equipment squared away. There was a rider on the island todat doing “superhuman” k/w power (way above pro tour), the system should be able to flag those and drop the rider off the leaderboard. People cheat at Strave, they will cheat at this. Still fun though.

I normally ride my kickr but today rode a standard tainer as I was away from home, I was working quite hard but following the ride looked at the metrics and found them very unrealistic. This was not intentional and am not even sure what caused it. My kickr also has vector pedals fitted and both give very similar figures.

As this is a Beta some equipment issues will happen. So far the Stages power meter /Kurt Kinetic combo has worked well for me. Biggest improvement was buying a USB2 Extender cable- that killed off all my data drops

In regards to climbing I think the Kickr is pretty spot on. I get a pretty similar feel to some of the long climbs I did last summer. And since I basically live in Flatlandia the Zwift/Kickr hill training option is very welcome. I’m looking forward to a true hill climb map and I hope they make the adjustments necessary to allow spinning up it at a decent RPM.

im 17st 5 and do a 59second. My weight is set correctly on the profile. i know that im not a climber so could be possible. Depends on peoples power meter calibrations, if they have the correct weight it (default at 75kgs if none entered) Also, its just a bit of fun but i know it can be frustractins seeing somebody banging around at over 8w/kg

im 17st 5 and do a 59second. My weight is set correctly on the profile. i know that im not a climber so could be possible. Depends on peoples power meter calibrations, if they have the correct weight it (default at 75kgs if none entered) Also, its just a bit of fun but i know it can be frustrating seeing somebody banging around at over 8w/kg

What annoys me about zPower vs a Kickr:

It seems people using zPower have extremely unrealistic downhill speeds. I can be putting out 4w/kg downhill (which is hard with a Kickr) and some guy with zPower can draft me at < 1w/kg and pass me, quickly. I saw one guy pulling 1.5w/kg blast by me on the CCW map’s downhill like he had ignited a solid rocket booster. It was unreal and I was pushing maybe 2.5w/kg over the crest of the hill and not expecting that. Very demoralizing.

Let’s face it, cyclists are a competitive bunch. Nothing sucks more than blasting your legs off for a jersey only to have some guy with zPower pull 16w/kg for HALF THE MAP and take two of the three jerseys. Come on. There’s this one woman N.Rogers who I’ve seen ride at over 14-16w/kg for multiple laps and then pull 1400w sprints. Really?! Come on…

It is insanely hard for some reason to get away from a person with zPower that is drafting you. I don’t usually mind people drafting, especially those with power meters, but trying to drop a zPower rider is like trying to outrun someone that is tied to you with a bungee cord. They only have to exert minimal effort to keep pace, even if you’re working your butt off.

I understand this is a beta but when the production version is released, it’d be nice if there were multiple servers: one for only power meter users, one for zPower, and one for both.

I just flag the obvious outliers in Strava. They are easy to spot.

@Joel Dudgeon I agree 100%, Z-Power is not anywhere near using a Kickr where the load is being controlled. I really hope adjustments in the next update make things a little more equal.

I would agree with servers being split between Kickr, zPower and both. You need that aspect because the difference is there.

I like the idea of showing if it’s a real power meter versus something simulated. I use a powertap with fluid 2 and it’s been great.

The problem with splitting servers by power type is that you would need to allow for those mismatched people to still ride together.