First ride w/ the iOS app - iphone 6 (latest iOS) + homemade quater turn mount
iOS companion app - observations / impressions / wishlist
- Very nice having stats displayed where bike computer usually is
- Could not find a way to switch to metric units (should sync units w/ desktop app / user profile)
- Would be GREAT to have an option to declutter the main display by removing the upper left and center info panels (power, cadence, bpm / speed / distance etc) if using the mobile companion app
- Option for audio confirmation when pressing ride action buttons
- Ride time font smaller than other displayed metrics, hard to see at glance
- Displayed Kicker power fell to zero, rider coasted to a stop after 17.9km (approx 33min) - other riders seemed unaffected. Waited for power to pick up but after about 20 sec at zero the sim crashed.
- Strava complained that the .fit file produced was corrupt (likely given that it wasn’t properly closed) but successfully loaded the first 17.6km.
- Restarted the sim and rode for a bit more (5k) w/o problems
- Noticed the new buildings behind the first gate - nice
Rider status board (mid right panel) while important obscures a significant part of the screen - could a “all - closest 5 - none” option be added to choose how much (or if) to display? ** would be great if option accessible by companion app
Option for complete rider status on companion app, here’s the use case… – completely clear main screen – + stem mounted phone w/ companion app as bike computer – + a tablet w/ companion displaying complete rider status