We have adjusted the scheduling for the 2019 Tour of Watopia for a number of reasons. We believe the changes benefit the entire Zwift community outside of those who wish to participate in the Tour of Watopia. We also believe it benefits the great community groups who run their events week in, week out providing an invaluable Zwift group experience. We want to enhance the overall event schedule rather than to take away.
Why have we chosen this format?
- To ensure we do not disrupt our own event calendar and denying our community groups from being able to continue to run their successful events that are the life and soul of the event calendar
- Instead of 1 stage per 2 days as in previous tours, we have extended each single stage to cover an entire week, meaning there is statistically a higher chance that a rider is able to complete 1 stage in a week. If you can’t ride at all in a week, we have 2 make-up weeks for a rider to ride any stages missed.
- Up to 8 events per day (x8 -Tues,Wed & Thurs) (x5 - Mon,Sat) (x4 Fri & Sun). This is important to make sure that the current community events are visible amongst the Tour of Watopia events. We have looked into riders most popular times per day, for regions with high number of users, and targeted event times around our findings. If a time on monday or tuesday doesn’t suit a rider, it’s very likely that there will be another time during the week. We are trying to accommodate for the high percentage of users. This does unfortunately mean some riders may struggle to find a slot and we deeply apologise. It’s hard to please everyone.
- By spreading the tour out over 9 weeks, we believe that it makes completing the tour a much less stressful challenge. It will also make the challenge of unlocking the special kit and Zwift aero bike TOW paint job that much more enjoyable and fun. Challenges are meant to be tough but it doesn’t mean they can’t be fun right?
- We also have other events happening over this time frame such as the Specialized Mix-Tape series. The Tour of Watopia is a celebration of our favorite world and is designed to compliment your riding in Zwift amongst all the other things that are happening.