1oct 18 update / issue with launching the game

No joy deleting this line unfortunately, same issue.

FWIW my setting was actually 0 so after deleting the line and retrying, I also changed it to 1 and then got the message “Zwift requires OpenGL3.1 or higher to run. Don’t worry though your computer probably supports it, you may just need to update your graphics drivers. If you need help with this, please contact Zwift support”

Same as PeterDG

This is a little frustrating. I’ve been running Zwift on 2xxx series I7 with HD3000 since the beta.

It worked until two updates ago. Then the cant find OpenGL3.1 blah blah so update drivers. Drivers are fully updated.

Zwift update a few days ago fixed this problem and I was back in Zwift with no issues. It’s not as smooth as my 1080TI, but the HD3000 really is fine for Zwift. Rode yesterday with no issues.

New update today has broken it again. The edit to the prefs file gets rid of the open GL error message, but Zwift still will not load.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Till last Sunday I never had an issue with Zwift and all of a sudden, after Zwift launched some updates, the Zwift app wouldn’t start anymore. I already sent a ticket to support and they told me to delete 1. The problem is that that line isn’t in the prefs.xml so I couldn’t delete it.
I also already removed and reinstalled Zwift but without any result.
When I look at the log files I always see appear : ‘GLFW ERROR 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL’.
It looks like a driver problem but Intel tells me that I have the latest driver version on my computer (Windows 10).
Will this issue be fixed by Zwift soon?

I’ve raised a ticket for the same problem, unfortunately the response is that my graphics card is too old (this despite using zwift for the past 2 years)

so my options seem to be:

• new PC $$$$$
  • Apple TV $$$

unfortunately seems like the time has come to say goodbye to Zwift and join Trainerroad…

Zwift explained the issue of older graphics chips as a answer to the same issue seen on the 1st
the then produced a patch after a day or so that allowed us to play again.
My guess is that the latest update track which gives us problems again does not include the fix they applied on the 2 or 3rd

there is also another thread on the same topic
Program just shuts off about 30 seconds after pressing “lets go”

But the HD3000 is not even the minimum that is required to run Zwift and has not been for a very long time if ever: What You Need To Ride.

Zwift Support wastes a lot of time and resource by continually making patches so Zwift will work on it the HD3000. These resource could be better server by resolving issues plaguing ALL users, like World Switching, BLE on Windows and other issues.

I am sure I am going to get a lot of hate for that comment, but lets move forward and not be held back.

1 Like

@Paul_Allen understand your view but our systems have been working faultlessly since the start. Maybe we have been luck. The first time we had problems was the start of the month and the nice team at zwift produced a patch within a day. I would guess that the latest update just did not include that patch .

There have been a number of issue with the HD3000 not with Zwift over the years and Zwift Support has put in a lot of time and money to ensure that users could still use it.

This is not the first time this has happened, by far.

Same issue here, with same video card. Bad timing for upgrade for me. I am really hoping for a fix. Missed my workout today…I’m bumming…
I understand the issue of support…but Its been working since day one. I looked at the specs before starting couple of years ago and decided to try it out and it worked, and has been since day one. I am willing to put up with lower graphics quality, as the more important thing to me is the workout itself. It could look like an old Atari…and I would still use it. How about a low graphics version option? People who want it to look like real life can use the latest a greatest… I’d be willing to settle until I can upgrade at some point. Like I said…doing the workout is more important then the graphics in my book… Please help!

Do you have a Phone or Tablet that can run Zwift?

Me too. It updated last week, I used it Thursday and Monday with no problems. Then now it’s deciding to update again and says update is failed during patching…I am connected to the internet. Have downloaded zwift app to Samsung mobile as well as the zwift companion app but it doesn’t connect/find my tacx to Bluetooth…I can only ‘Just watch’ via the mobile app.

Unfortunately, I am currently a little challenged in that area as well. No tablet, and phone desperately needs an upgrade as well (Galaxy S5 - out of space). That was going to be my next upgrade but not sure I want to Zwift on it anyway… can’t stand little interfaces. …

Christine

You can connect your Galaxy (or any other phone) to a TV and have a large display.

Me too!!! ZWIFT I do not pay my subscription for you to execute a bad update and then me not be able do my training. Very bad Zwift. Very Bad

What Graphics card do you have and does it meet the minimum requirements?

1 Like

Hi Kyle,

I see a successful ride as of this morning?

1 Like

I wonder when Zwift will fix this issue. I don’t pay for something I can’t use. I am also a coach and I organise regurarly group training sessions on Zwift. I hope it will be fixed by tomorrow otherwise it’s bye bye Zwift.

What are the specs for your computer? Just an FYI the HD3000 has been below minimum I believe since day 1.

Do you have a phone or tablet that could run Zwift?

I never had problems with running Zwift. Sunday I did my last ride and since yesterday Zwift won’t launch anymore.
I have a phone (Android) and Companion is installed on that phone, yes